Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 July 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a relaxing, joyful week!

I'll try to do some replies soon.

Jackrabbit, Arizona USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good evening, all.  A few weeks ago I headed up for a week in the Scottish borders and I'm finally getting through some of my photos.  On my way up I stopped on the Solway Firth and got a few photos - if you'd like a look click on this adorable young bird:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lindybird - Beautiful flower show pictures

• CLARE - you might find better weather on the Scottish side of the Solway where the coast faces South!  I am sure we are warmer than the Cumbria side - and we have RSPB Mersehead as well as WWT Caerlaverock - and you could always call in for a cuppa here!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• bjane said:

Lindybird - Beautiful flower show pictures

Thank you!  I put them on in hopes of sharing our pleasure on the day. Although it was very wet and we did not see as much of the Show as we usually do (we go every year).

• OG -- Glad you're back on The Internet. Hope that EEs tooth is going to be ok now!! 

I loved the pretty pelargonium too, which is why I took a photo of it. I wished later that I had bought one! It was a new kind.

• Lindybird - you always deliver fantastic flower pics from Tatton Hall, lovely to see them again.

Annette - might just do the two but sometimes its cost that comes into it , will have to investigate nearer the time.

ForestBoar - hope you have a great break.  Glad to hear that things are back on trach re brothers house sale and hopefully all will go through. It will be nice to know that everything will be settled before too long.

Thanks for all your news snippits.  Have a good weekend all.

• Last night’s forecast was for rain, hail, strong winds, thunderstorms for next 3 days. What do I see? Blue sky and a breeze.

I'm enjoying everyone's pics.

• Good Morning, All.  Sunny through my window today.

AQ - We're not the only ones who get strange weather forecasts, then!

ForestBoar - So pleased to hear that the house sale is (finally) going through and your finances can be arranged which will benefit you all, all round. Enjoy your holiday.

Lynette - Have a great trip to Germany!

OG - Hope the gas comes back on, a good job it's not winter.

• Here's today's pic: one for Annette!

This is tagged as being called "Shana"

• Hi, ALL.  Gas engineer arrived before 9 o'clock, having collected the part from the post office.  Is this standard practice now, using local post offices for distributing parts to engineers, or is it just in rural Scotland?  It seems to work well here.  He now has the boiler in pieces so I have sent OH outside to harvest potatoes, being a second dry day, otherwise he would just stand and watch with his mouth open!

No plans for today, as this job could take a few hours.  Will probably just mooch around in the garden, although light showers are possible later.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!