DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten Nest ~ Monday, 12 June 2017

So Saturday, Darvic Blue Ring FC8 visits, and an unringed male visited with a fish, but no transfer occurred until EJ found it later on the nest. Then yesterday, Blue FC8 visits again and elicits confirmation from LG about the ring number in this blog entry. Then the unringed male shows up again [BNN's video]. Darvic FC8 

unringed male
No one knows who either of these birds are, and EJ seems to be checking them both out. What a hot Mama she is! I am looking forward at least to finding out the ID for FC8 soon, but I'm sure LG is on it. I'm miffed that they waited until I was outta town to show themselves,  but delighted that the team of experts on this forum documented every move (despite obstacles!). In the meantime, will one or the other of them try showing up with fish again?

As scylla says, this must be an example how partnerships are formed after breeding season is over at the nest site.

Here's scylla's last video of Saturday evening when EJ and FC8 were on the nest for an extended time during which FC8 is wondering if she will accept his advances, but she eventually flaps him off the nest, apparently since he had no fish. HOWEVER, at the very end of this video, she leans waaaaay over the edge of the nest to successfully pull up a headless trout.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs