DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten Nest ~ Monday, 5 June 2017

EJ the Magnificent Osprey Queen. She caught one of her whoppers and spent several hours eating it on the Fish Perch, stretching and relaxing in between munching. After chasing someone away from the nest in the morning, she was spotted with the fish that she must have caught at Aviemore! :)

Cover girl of the Aviemore Ospreys Facebook page, courtesy of Kenny White (here's some more pics of his).

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• moffer said:

Hi Rusty. I didn't know that birds could vomit, but i've just watched EJ do it. I have no idea if this is normal.

It's pouring with rain here too.

Hi Moffer and Rusty .. no I also didn't know birds could vomit but was it not bones she was bringing up?   

The reason I ask is because this reminded me of a post Kayleigh posted which included a collection of John Wright's photos showing a couple of Maya coughing up fish bones.  I didn't even know they did that!

Here is the link to to Summertime and the living is easy should you wish to look at these but for convenience,  here is a copy of John Wright's photo of Maya coughing up the bones

Female coughing up bones etc

P2450504---Female-coughing-up-bones-etc

Copyright - John Wright - Rutland Osprey Project

Is this similar to what you saw?