Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 May 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH ON THURSDAY!

Summertime arriving for us all except AQ. Have a good winter, AQ.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Green Jay
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, Texas USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labelled public domain (copyright free)

This beautiful bird is native to Central and South America and reaches its northern limit in south Texas.

• Don't you just want to cuddle.

• Dull and damp – not actual rain here – coming later, I believe.

LINDA – free radishes?  Yes please!  OH didn’t sow any salads this year.  I see Amber is getting expert at knowing exactly what she wants!  I don’t remember ever giving my girls the choice, although I am sure Daughter#2 must have expressed her opinion!  Nice Kitty pic – but imagining being close to it made me sneeze.

AQ – three year old double birthday coming up – amazing.  Hadn’t realised there was a full one size difference – not so obvious since they became toddlers rather than babies.  Pleased the bus trip was so enjoyable – thanks for sharing text and pictures.

Not much planned for today, I think OH will be sorting some plants – removing perennials which might get disturbed by new deck into pots to possibly restore later.  Sun is just trying to peep through cloud – whole sky suddenly appeared brighter.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG - Radishes are winging their way over...... Amber is going to be a real handful! Already very assured and sure of what she wants in life.

Supposed to be dry here, if cloudy, but my OH has just turned up home from golf after being rained off. Bonnie caught a baby rabbit this morning, he says, which accounts for the spots of blood on the kitchen floor.  :-( No sign of the bunny though, he thinks that it must be in some poor neighbours garden.

• LINDA - our Granddaughter#2 has been like Amber - always reminded me of the Clarks Shoes advert "My Mummy says when I grow up I shall be a proper little madam".  Now 17, she has had all sorts of high ambitions over the years, but currently seems to have her heart set on midwifery for a career.  Sorry to see that Bonnie still has the bunny-catching habit; does she actually kill them?

• I think she kills about 50% of them, OG.  Some escape.  A lot of them 'go to ground' when she's around, but there are a lot in the countryside near here: every now & then, we can hear the farmer out with his gun, keeping the numbers down.

One of the facts of life when living in the country, sadly.  I'm told that she has such a strong instinct, she will never stop chasing them.

Midwifery is a great profession to choose.

• OH has "lost" one of his cucumber plants, so he is sowing replacements (one to grow and one to throw if both germinate).  Then he needs to "paint on" the greenhouse shading.  I have done some filing and paper shuffling.

• Finally my implant work is complete, so feeling a bit fragile now as had the rogue wisdom tooth extracted.

• Well done on persevering with your dental work, Dibnlib: I'm sure you'll be glad you had it done in the long run. A soup for you, tonight then?!

It's dried up now here, and there are plenty of birds in the garden. Unfortunately, many of them are greedy starlings! Soon demolished a small pile of breakfast cereal I put out when I looked in the bottom of the box.

• Well done, DIBNLIB, enduring all that dental work!  Take care eating for a couple of days.