Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 May 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Yellow Warbler, Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge, Rhode Island USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good to see that you're OK, Diane. Those things are really scary......

• Weather forecast was right - light shower before lunch with rumbles, then full-on storm in the afternoon, which lasted about 45mins, and now showery.  Thunder has not reduced the heat - still 23 degrees!  This means the bathrooms are getting cleaned as OH can't work outside!  J went shopping this morning for new shoes for work and I don't know what else; now on his way to Carlisle with colleagues for a pub meal - supposed to be in the beer garden, but that seems unlikely!

LINDA - I have found the recent weather has affected my eyes with hay fever symptoms, even with the anti-histamines and frequent eye drops.

DIANE - good to know you are safe, despite storm damage in your area.  Take care.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• We've had everything except for Diane's hailstones! A cloudy start, then a bit of sun, then a shower, then brightening (we sat in the garden with a cuppa..) Then heavy raindrops and thunder, with pouring, heavy thundery rain, then cleared up, then sun, then cloudy.... then later, another short shower. Just now the birds are singing as if they enjoyed the freshness of it all.  Its less warm but still warm, if you know what I mean.

• Cooled down a little this evening - at last!  Headaches gone, and less swelling in hands and feet.  Garden looks "happy" - funny how thunder makes things grow!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hi all, sorry not posted for a bit.

Just skimmed through all posts and thanks for your news.

Lovely pics posted Lindy and glad you enjoyed your trip down to the Lleyn Penisula.

OG - lovely to see you posting regularly again, keeping out of trouble!!

AQ - glad you enjoyed your latest bus trip

Diane - looks like the weather your way has been horrendous but glad you are OK

Annette - busy as usual

To everyone I haven't mentioned, hope all is well with you.

Not a lot happening down here except for hot weather with it turning a little cooler and breezier today. Went over to dau-in-laws to take card for her birthday. Flowers arrived Ok for her. Her and my son spent the day in London yesterday and went to a show - Dream Girls - which Dau-in-law said was very good.

Not keen on the very hot weather and tend to sit in the shade.

Keep safe and well and have a good BH weekend all.