Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 May 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

So nice to have OG back on the thread!

I hope this is an easier week globally. Everyone have a peaceful, safe week!

Tri-Colored Heron, Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge, Florida USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Have had beautiful weather here, which got warmer and sunnier as the day went on.

Enjoyed a good walk this morning, and have been sitting reading this afternoon with sun block on my nose.  Our local beach has revealed more sand than usual - it's quite rocky and pebbled, but there are stretches of sand here and there which makes it much easier to walk on, and at the moment they are joined up which is very pleasant. Bonnie runs around regardless, playing with dried up dead fish, crunchy crabs and damp visiting Labradors.

Our cruise is, surprisingly, around The Canaries but we've chosen it because it begins with calling in at Madeira, which I would love to see as it's called "The Garden Isle", then it potters around the more southerly Islands which we're familiar with, then on the return home it includes a day in Lisbon, which is somewhere we have on our "must see" list as we've met so many people who have said it's a wonderful city.

Glad to hear that you've nothing to report OG!  - no news is good news, in your case! :-)

• Oh dear - things don't look good at LG..... Hope it's resolved soon...

• No rain last evening, but really dreich this morning.  Woke up early so looking in before Saturday cooked breakfast.  OH will be going to Lockerbie Farmers' Market and may fill the day with the postponed cleaning jobs since he can't work in the garden.

HEATHER - good luck with the tomato plants - I assume they are going in the greenhouse.  OH has to get more potting compost soon - he told me yesterday he is on his final bag (been repotting lots of things this week).  I am hoping he can choose some bedding plants for the fence pots on the deck to cheer it up a bit.

LINDY - I hope Bonnie isn't eating any of the smelly flotsam on the beaches!  Have a good weekend, whatever the weather - we just had a huge crash of thunder!

Hoping for some good news from LG today - Too early in the season for EJ to cope alone with her little family, especially with intruder around.

Thunder continuing - need to decide whether to abandon PC!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Just lost my post ---- bah!

Dashing off, back later.

• Good afternoon -

A miserable day here, rained all night and still continues. The garden does need it so I won't complain.

Yes, OG. I am planning to put the tomatoes in the greenhouse. I haven't cleaned it out yet. In the wakeful hours last night I was planning this that and the other but in the light of day am quite content to wait for better weather.

Plenty of indoor chores to do but I am not as good as I should be at using every hour productively. The good old 'protestant work ethic' cannot be in my genes, I fear! Anyway, the washing machine is working away, even if I am not.

I bought a small joint of lamb yesterday, for Sunday aka tomorrow. It does seem wasteful just for one but I will find something to do with the leftovers.

Did I mention on here that I am going down to Glasgow next weekend? OH's granddaughter is finishing her Honours year.

Watching the LG nest:-(  

Sorry for the amount of I this and I that in this post! perhaps I should speak in an upper class fashion and use the 'One' word LOL.

• Heather. How about deciding 'that ONE might make a shepherds pie with the left over lamb'! LoL. Just enjoy your roast.

• Glad that One is enjoying her food, LOL!!

Sorry to come on and find that the situation at LG is not yet resolved. It's very sad but that's what happens in nature :-(

I wrote a short post this morning before we went out, and it didn't post. We had lovely weather here yesterday, but started today with heavy showers. Tomorrow sounds as if it will be better. We went out food shopping and came back with a delicious and large punnet of strawberries, at least it's not as naughty as cakes!

• Just seen the first pictures of the Wedding of the Year, with Pippa Middleton looking very stylish and elegant in a lace covered dress.  Good Luck to them both.

• Enjoy your strawberries, LINDY