Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 May 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

So nice to have OG back on the thread!

I hope this is an easier week globally. Everyone have a peaceful, safe week!

Tri-Colored Heron, Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge, Florida USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Happy Mothers Day. (It is DownUnder.)

• Evening all:  Very busy sorting out day here - this time with grandson as we organized daughter's storage unit prior to her consolidating various possessions to sell/donate/keep.

Diane: Thank you!  It'll be fascinating to find out more about the sources of that cyber attack. Can't believe that so many groups hadn't installed the MS patch that would've protected them. That heron is dazzlling! What a gorgeous creature.

Heather:  Your SiL's are wonderful to be so helpful - and nice that the girls got out and about.

OG: How was the celery soup? Did OH make it himself from scratch?

AQ: Mothers Day here too (Sunday), so hope yours was good. OH bought me a huge bouquet of white roses, which I love. I keep telling him I'm not his mother but he doesn't seem to care. Will be talking to the rest of the family tomorrow.

Here's to a good week for all, including our friendly neighborhood lurkers.  :-)

• Annette: Happy Mother's Day to you, AQ, bjane, and anyone else who will be celebrating on Sunday. Hope you all have a nice day.

Hello to all. I intended to do some replies tonight, but I'm not feeling very well so I'm off to bed. Nothing serious.

• Good Morning and Thank You to Diane for starting us off so stylishly with the gorgeous heron!

Happy Mothers Day to those in USA and Down Under! (How nice of your OH to buy you flowers, Annette, and roses to boot!)

Sorry you're not feeling too good, Diane. Rest, and get well soon.

• Today's pic:

"I'm not a heron...."

• A successful few hours with camera as I toured 3 churches open for History Festival. I posted pics of Bundaleer aqueduct today.

• Good afternoon.  Stayed put this morning while OH and J were out, but now a chance to sit in the study.  An unexpected sunny day.

Heather – sounds like a lovely family day for you on Saturday – so good that the Daughters and appendages get on so well together.

Diane – thanks for the new week – and the Heron!  Sorry you were not feeling well – hope you wake up feeling better!

Annette – OH often makes our soup – we use a soup-maker. 

Linda – sweet kitty pic.

AQ – pleased to see you and the camera had a good outing.

Best wishes to all our regulars – and lurkers.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hey, folks. Everyone needs to update/upgrade their computers right away, if you haven't already. Europol says the perpetrators have developed a new variation of the ransomware and the threat is now escalating. Make sure you save your data (treasured photos, etc.) to the cloud or to a flash drive or other device.

OG: I'm so sorry that your area was hit and you're afraid to access your doctor's site! That's awful. 

• Thanks, Diane. Unfortunately, I've no idea what to do, so will have to take my chances.

On here (my tablet) there is nothing but a few photographs taken with the tablet itself: otherwise, all of the pictures are copies taken from my main desktop. That has a backup drive which my Eldest gave me for Christmas, a few years ago.

I hope no one from on here is affected by all this. It's a big wakeup call to all the organisations that nothing is really safe - perhaps in future they'll be more careful about security.

OG - Glad you're managing a change of scene. Thought of you today when we had celery soup for lunch - tinned, as I'd been too busy to get out the soup maker!