Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 April 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Red-Tailed Hawk in Flight
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• HeatherB - yes the auction took place but unfortunately the reserve price wasn't reached so not sure what is going to happen now.   There is an awful lot to do to the house internally and it will need someone who has the cash to finish it off as it has to be done to the listed buildings (historical) criteria.

• OG, what a surprise. So pleased to see that you are home.  Take care, do your exercises and perseverance will win the day.

• Hi, and thanks for further welcomes!  Went to bed early and slept well last night.  Staying up a little later tonight, but not much longer: special walking gait is very tiring!  Also used some mental energy today, preparing a few days' menus.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hello, the Lurker again here. Just wanted to say how delighted I am to see that OG is now back home. Don't overdo it, but I wish you a speedy recovery. My best wishes to you and EE x

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Nice to see OG posting again: you've been missed, OG!

Been busy myself, and did three kitchen cupboards in the end. But was cheating really and they were the easiest ones to do! Will try to get on with the ones with food in, plus the very full one with cookery items next.

Saw the news that Prince Philip is going to take a well earned rest from public duty. Not surprising when you're over 95! At least there are now plenty of younger members of the Royal Family ready to take over.

• Lindybird said:
    Saw the news that Prince Philip is going to take a well earned rest from public duty. Not surprising when you're over 95! At least there are now plenty of younger members of the Royal Family ready to take over.

None of them have his subtlety and tact, though.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• AQ: Thank heavens it's just a day trip! :-)  Beetaloo and Bundaleer? Only in OZ....  Just took the drone tour of those cliffs (drones do have their good points).

Lindybird: Lovely pix! Have fun cleaning those cupboards.

OG: Back in the kitchen so soon?  I bet EE and J are relieved.  

Off to bed; take care all.

• It’s History Month, or Festival, as they now name it and assorted buildings are Open. Two years ago I photo-ed interior of our oldest church, Holy Trinity, except for one window away for repairs. During May last year I was not mobile, so it has taken 2 years to return to capture the missing window. Now I have a different camera, so I photo-ed everything again. Why, oh why have they put an electric fan on a shelf thus blocking part of a nave window? I shall have to use the “old” pic when I eventually post these on flickr. I caught tram to Rundle Mall (shopping street), bought some “sofa socks” to slop around in evenings, and a camping light, battery-operated, for our next power failure. I shall check tonight if it is bright enough to read by. Naturally I was unable to open base to insert batteries. Another whinge that childproofing makes my life difficult. What would I do without OH?

• Good Morning, All.  Sun out of my window again. Cloudy predicted for tomorrow, but no sign yet of the gardens much needed rain.

AQ - Oft a whine in this house "I can't open this!" Sensible to have alternatives handy if your power supply is so unreliable. Good that you finally caught up with your old church photos.  We had a similar day here not too long ago, with certain buildings open to the public for just one day.

Much excitement here this morning after the recent local by election -- yawn.(Didn't have to vote, here)  Will be glad when the main election is over and we get back to just the Brexit arguments.