Loch Garten - Live Camera - Help

Carnyx Wild will monitor this thread and try to help those who are experiencing problems watching the live camera online.

• I have had a request for a Thank You Card for Peter @ Carnyx, so here it is....     it was my pleasure to do :-)

• Brilliant Mary.  Your post sums it up beautifully!!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• MaryGK said:
    I have had a request for a Thank You Card for Peter @ Carnyx

Thank you, MARY :-*  I'm sure that's exactly Peter's cuppa tea ;)

IMAGICAT

• Mary and all on the Loch Garten Forum. What a lovely unexpected thing to see as I logged in this morning.

It has been a long time getting to this point and everyone has been extremely patient and generous with their responses and feedback. Which I’m sure will continue. Every bit of feedback is extremely valuable as we try to make the live stream accessible to absolutely everyone.

The Loch Garten Community are a stoic and loyal group who deserve the best and we are slowly getting there.

Thank you again for the card…. Who can resist a Teddy Bear in a Tea Cup bearing flowers!

• Self-explanatory heading:

The cam itself is great, thank you!  But for quite some time we've been getting freezing and buffering (there's not always a sign on the screen that there's a freeze but the sound drops out)   I had thought that the satellite would put paid to that, and wonder if you can think of an explanation?

As well as the Carnyx on-screen cam, VLC is suffering too.

IMAGICAT

• Hello scylla, I have tested the speed of the satellite connection this morning and it is good, so there should be no buffering. I have no immediate answer to why you were getting the problem yesterday evening. It would be interesting to know if everybody (100% of those viewing) also had problems at 21:49 on the 1st May.....

• Unknown said:
    It would be interesting to know if everybody (100% of those viewing) also had problems at 21:49 on the 1st May.....

We've "all" been having problems for quite some time, Peter.  From memory, specific examples are BirdieNumNum, Moffer, MaryGK, SheilaFE and CC, whose VLC streams freeze/drop out.

Tonight:

But now, after a manual refresh, it's back.

We shan't see anything very soon, as the cam has been left on the "side view" of the nest, no nightlight :(  But that's not your problem.

We also get sound flutterings and variations.  I haven't done a demo of them, but here's one I did last evening showing the sound outages drawing attention to the freezing picture:

It started doing it again a little while ago and now we have the cam down again:

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    It would be interesting to know if everybody (100% of those viewing) also had problems at 21:49 on the 1st May.....

Hi Peter, yes on VLC I recently have had the live stream cut out, then I start it up again, as well as freezes that autostart. I tried increasing the latency to improve an buffer underruns but lately that has not improved matters. What I have not paid close attention to is exactly when it happens more often, so I will try to keep better track of that. Thanks --- we are all really in love the crispness and clarity of the picture though. :)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• SAMPLE OF SOUND ISSUES

The first 10 seconds is the unstable "humbuzz", after that the flutters.

IMAGICAT