Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 April 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY EASTER (to those who celebrate the holiday).

It was 80 F or 26.6 C here today. Very warm. The grass is growing like crazy, and I don't have time to mow right now!

Welcome home to AQ. I'm sending my best wishes to OG and to Eagle-Eye. I so hope she can get out of the hospital SOON!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Orange Tulips
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• dibnlib said:

FOREST BOAR   There were  3 adults living in my inlaws house and only 1 bathroom with toilet in. I always wondered how they coped.

I hate to think.  In our house there's a teenager, a disabled adult and myself sharing a bathroom/toilet.  Three bedroomed houses should have to be at least two-toilet!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• My OH grew up in a farmhouse with 4 adults (grandparents sharing), eventually four children, and three bedrooms! Also a hired man who slept in the stable. They all shared one loo.......... halfway down the orchard, 20 yards from the house!!  How times have changed!  (But I know that is no help to you, Keith!)

The children were all bathed in a tin bath in front of the range, two at a time. Happy days! ;-)

• Lindybird said:

The children were all bathed in a tin bath in front of the range, two at a time. Happy days! ;-)

The thing about the tin bath by the fire was if the 'doodlebugs' went over or the air raid siren went you got slung under the dining room table for shelter!

• We had a family living with us during the war and I remember all the kids taking turns in the tin bath in the scullery (that was where the stove and sink were).   We had one indoor toilet and one outside, which I hated because spiders used to gather there.  :-((

• Yes I remember tin baths as well!!! Concrete footings went in today. Horrifyingly all plans went to schedule. Building for the floor tomorrow, these two guys work their hearts out, nothing but praise for them.

• So pleased to hear that things are progressing well, Keith. Hope it's all done in no time.

A dry day here. We had a walk on the beach at Criccieth, a lovely old fashioned town. Later met some new neighbours here, who are thrilled to be staying here and love the scenery.  Now packing up ready to head home tomorrow.

• Another big dental appt today. More than half way there. All should be finished by the end of May.

• Well done on getting through the half way point, Dibnlib!  Soon be all done! Not fun, I know :-(

Annette - Forgot to say, my knees went from blue to purple then back to blue again!  Then the left one was OK, and the r.hand one seemed to go sort of yellowish, before clearing up. Now there's just a small mark left but it only hurts if I put pressure on it, so alright now.

Have had unexplained hay fever today, as it seems to come and go without warning. Got through lots of tissues. Blah!

• Lindybird: Just took a little street tour of Criccieth, courtesy of Google Earth, which took some lovely sunny photos in July 2016. Looks like such a nice hideaway without too many crowds. Have a safe drive home;  hope the traffic is good.

ForestBoar: If you weren't so far away, I ask for the contact info for those two guys. :-)

dibnlib: I'm just back from a dentist appointment, about which I was apprehensive coz I thought I had a crack in one tooth, but no! Just some bonding or something that was fraying. Charming, but I was so pleased not to have to spend any time under the drill.

AQ: Have copied/pasted your trip into a Word doc so I have it handy when I get around to Google Earth again (Criccieth is so much smaller than OZ!)

Take care all

• Good Morning, All.  Dry but dull here, again. Hoping to be home by lunchtime.

Annette - Glad to hear that you're only fraying at the edges!  We all value our teeth.

Will be packing up, and including an Easter card given to us by sis-in-law, showing a dog just like Bonnie holding onto a milk bottle and feeding a new lamb! (Sis-in-law has written inside, "She might need a bit more training, LOL!")