Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 April 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY EASTER (to those who celebrate the holiday).

It was 80 F or 26.6 C here today. Very warm. The grass is growing like crazy, and I don't have time to mow right now!

Welcome home to AQ. I'm sending my best wishes to OG and to Eagle-Eye. I so hope she can get out of the hospital SOON!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Orange Tulips
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Diane: You are so sweet, starting us off. Thank you.  It's been warm here too, but not that hot. Do hope you're keeping well.  (I love that silly chick!)

Heather: Sounds like a lovely day out; have a lovely Sunday.

Hallo to everyone else. Hope the week is kind to all

• Thank you Diane. Happy Easter to ALL. It’s warm here, 24 C, balmy autumn days. I dragged me & my cold to church this morn sniffling & coughing & hoping I didn’t spread any bugs, slept away the afternoon, will have lazy tea from whatever is in freezer that OH didn’t eat. I’ll try more trip saga tomorrow . . and don’t worry, I’ve posted few pics yet.

I’m not happy with move to do away with Easter eggs, calling them holiday eggs instead. Ba humbug!

• Good Morning, and a Happy Easter to All!

Thank you to Diane for starting us off, on a colourful note.

Ba humbug indeed, AQ!!

Here's my Easter offering:

Best Wishes to you All, regulars and Lurkers alike. Have a restful, peaceful Easter holiday.

• Glad you had a good day yesterday, Heather - enjoy your day in Shrewsbury.

It's drizzling here, and grey. Not too busy - maybe folks are more at home and having family visits today. My purple knee has settled down now and only hurts if I forget it, and cross my legs! My OH has the beginnings of a head cold and can't hear me, so I have to keep shouting!

• Happy Easter to all.  Don't overdose on chocolate ... although it's lovely at the time, it is inclined to sit on the hips for a long time (speaking for myself, of course).  Yes, AQ, we have had an outcry in UK against the National Trust who are having an 'egg hunt' at their properties this weekend.  Their comment?  'Everyone knows they are Easter eggs!'  Makes me cross - and fortunately I'm not the only one.  Apparently a number of people who would normally go a NT property over the Bank Holiday weekend are boycotting them because of this stupidity.  Hopefully they will be more sensible another time.

• LINDY    What a lovely pic, thank you.

• Interesting. We still have Easter Eggs here; lots of Easter cards, etc too.

• The sun came out this afternoon, so we went for a walk... Bonnie had rolled in a dead fish this morning, and had to be washed with a bucket of warm water, when she came back.  This afternoon, she found a different rotten fish, on a different beach, and did it again. Then it started raining as we walked back to the car. When we finally returned to base, Bonnie had to be washed again, and we both had to change our wet trousers!

Phew!

• HAPPY EASTER  to all.

Thank you Diane for starting us off again - great pic with chicken popping its head out of the tulip.

Lindy - love the goat and chicks one.

Been a typically cool Easter Day here with sporadic showers and sun.  Went to Church this morning which was an All Age Service. Minister took it and only last 3/4 hr. We had it in the form of a party with crackers being handed out - novel way - paper crown, egg, and a Bible verse inside. It really was a celebration and helped to make Easter more relavant.

OH was out at rugby in Milton Keynes today so just Dau and self for lunch, he had his when he returned.

Hope news is good this week for OG and EE, that OG will be able to return home.

Couldn't agree more re NT and what they were calling an egg hunt. Hopefully enough people have boycotted the event to make them think again.

• Hi all, thanks for your news- and to DIANE!

Our day started with big breakfast in the restaurant next to the Travelodge. I rarely eat breakfast at home but can always manage a 'full English' when travelling. It was gloriously unhealthy. Bacon, sausages, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and fried potatoes. Toast, loads of butter, Orange juice and coffee.

Then the museum at RAF Cosford. As someone who read every Biggles book when very young it was great to see old aircraft from that era plus history boards and artefacts. Then the WW 2 aircraft and following on, history boards and aircraft from the Cold War.

Back to son's house, buffet dinner since we were too many to fit around the table.

I forgot to mention the Easter egg hunt which we organised for the little ones. Great fun, but Sam insisted on helping to hide them and then of course was equally keen on 'finding' them!!

Time for sleep, an early start tomorrow as we drive home.