Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Welcome back, EJ! I hope Odin is on his way.

Great Egret in a cypress grove, Everglades National Park, Florida
U.S. National Park Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Hello everyone - thank you, DIANE for starting the week with such a striking picture.

AQ- have a lovely trip, I look forward to reading about it.

It is a beautiful morning here. Yes, LINDY, it was 19 degrees in Aboyne, yesterday. That isn't too far from where my OH was born.

Youngest family had to rush off yesterday, a little earlier than they'd hoped. Son in law was called into work. His firm cut the team to the bone last year and now the (lucky) ones still in employment are spread very thin.

Have a good day, ALL.

• Good Morning, Everyone.  Thank you to Diane for starting us off, and so well, with your super pic.

Sunny again here to greet us, as we draw the curtains.

I still think daily of OG, who must be stewing in her hospital bed, anxious to finally escape back home again.

• Heather - You came on whilst I was writing.  I hope you enjoy your weekend, even though the young family had to rush away.

I don't know what time it is, and will be out of sorts for a while......but at least we will get lighter early evenings.

• I haven't heard from OG for a few days, LINDY. She is indeed bored but knows there is no choice if she wants to regain the limited mobility she had before the fracture happened. My understanding is that her beloved garden will be placed on an essential maintenance programme this year,since her OH isn't able to spend much time there.

• Morning all:  

Diane: Thank you - those egrets get around.

Daughter here so busy visiting.  Back later to check up on everyone. :-)

• Had a lovely day, blue skies, no wind, 19 degrees :-) at Aviemore.

We ate our lunch on the sand at Loch Morlich and then went up the funicular 'railway'. Wonderful views, lots of folk skiing.

• Sounds wonderful, Heather :-)

We had bright sunshine again so enjoyed a coastal walk before packing up quickly, saying goodbye to friends, and turning for home. Sadly, as there were road works (2) and huge crowds had decided on a day out on the coast, causing tailbacks and enormous queues - it usually takes us approx 2 hours but today it took 4!!

Arrived home weary at last, but at least all in one piece.

• Good evening, all.  Had a lovely visit to Rye Meads today - my first time at this reserve.  I'm now going to attempt to go through the photos but as we're without our main computer and existing on an elderly laptop it could take a while!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Yay!  The laptop behaved better than expected.  Click on these beauties to see the rest:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare: I know what being without main PC feels like!