Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

The Spring Equinox is on Monday. Happy Autumn Equinox to AQ!

I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful new season! It's finally SPRING!!!

Florida Panther, Everglades National Park, Florida
Florida Panthers are highly endangered.
U.S. National Park Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Hello all

I'm just popping in to say Thank You for all your pics and posts.

There are many replies that I want to make but I'm feeling very unmotivated this week. I know that you will forgive. Having made three attempts to clear OH's desk, I have given up and will ask a son in law to help. It probably sounds silly, but as I pick up the little things that he used and go to put them in the bin (as they aren't things that I would use), I just feel as if I am throwing him away, also.

Great to see that EJ is back!

• Heather ... I know just how you feel as I have been doing exactly the same. I was at the solicitor's the other day and it just seemed so final to be tying up the 'loose ends'.

It is a beautiful day here with sunshine and no wind. I'm just back from an outing to a garden centre with a friend (included refreshments of course!). It has motivated me to get out into the garden this afternoon and do some clearing up.

EDIT  Linda ... you came on while I was posting ... hope you have this lovely weather in Wales!

Joan - avid bird and nature watcher in Northumberland!

Index Thread

• Clare --  {{HUGS}} to you both. 

• It's lovely here, too Joan.  How nice it is when spring really arrives! I'm looking forward to getting out in the garden again.

Heather - Sorry you're feeling down, but it's understandable.  Now that you're physically tired as well, you're bound to feel mentally tired, too. Good idea to get help with the clearing out that needs to be done. Too many decisions to be made, and too many reminders. I think that one of the single most difficult physical acts of my whole entire life was throwing away my father's slippers, at my mother's request, because she could not bear to see them. They were well worn because he loved them. I felt as if I were throwing him away, it broke my heart.

• Thanks Joan!  Enjoy it, yourself!

• Heather and Djoan:  Hugs to you both. Call in support whenever you need it; wish we were all closer and could natter over a cup of tea.

Clare: Didn't realize Limpy was in constant pain, but sounds like he refuses to let it get him down, which must be a struggle at times.

Off to see knee doc this morning. Then back to loll (I hope).

• Annette - see that Andre Rieu and the JSO orchestra are touring the USA and are coming to San Diego in October - don't know whether you like that sort of music but he has such a charisma about him that he transforms audiences into music lovers.  Went to see his concert in Nottingham last night and he didn't disappoint.

HeatherB - it must be difficult clearing a loved ones possessions away. I know my mum couldn't bear to part with her OH's things for a while and gradually she did start to clear them.  It takes time - don't rush it . Sounds a good idea bringing in a son-in-law to help it will ease the burden.

And of course DJoanS as well - take your time, remembering all the good things as you tie up the lose ends.

• Had a pretty good day with lots of sun. Had to get younger stepdaughter over yesterday as I had another shock. Apparently I am on the list of witnesses for my brothers case. Not sure why as I wasn't there. However I cannot go to Kingston Crown Court as I can't leave my wife for more than 3½ hours (time it would take to get there on a good day!). I explained that to the Criminal Justice person who took note but did point out that if I am selected and do not turn up it is contempt of court and a three month prison sentence. You can see why I needed moral support.

Had an asthma nurse appointment this morning  (45 minutes!) where we went through everything associated with asthma attacks and she went to see the senior practitioner who said that if I am called they will intervene both for my asthma condition and my carer role and insist that they will have to sort something out themselves with consultation with them. Somewhat happier bunny today.

I will leave the next instalment on trying to pay the council tax on my brother's house until tomorrow, that is now turning into a saga!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forestboar (Keith) you really don't need all this hassle. I do hope that something can be sorted out.

Thank you to all for your support. I have youngest family here tonight, sleeping over. It does me no end of good, being cheerful for the little ones :-)))

• Look after yourself Heather. And thanks for your support.