Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Sunday is the March Full Moon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

San Joaquin Kit Fox, the smallest species of fox in North America and
one of California's most endangered animals
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Before I forget I'd like to say our thoughts are with Joan.  I knew there was someone else who had had a bereavement of someone close.  I hope the incoming spring and the osprey season will give you something positive to focus on.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Diane - thank you for starting us off and good luck with your assignment.

Annette - enjoy the clocks going forward ours soon.

Dibnlib - what a fantastic scene, how lovely for you to see that on your daily walks.

Clare - as usual, thank you for the pics.

Just watching the Florida osprey nest , she is sitting so could be on an egg but not sure.

• Just went back to the cam and she was turning , I think, 2 eggs but definitely 1

• Aussieland clocks won’t change until 2 April. Dau won’t have to worry about MissJ getting fleas. The little monkey climbed up to reach dog’s flea medicine and daubed her face. No ill effects. MissJ loves dressing up and I’ve had request for another scarf like the one I knitted for the clown. Easy peasy, a dozen stitches garter stitch for as long as I can be bothered. It just has to be pink! Public holiday today, then a pupil-free schoolday tomorrow, so OH is moving his nanny day to Wed. Weather is unbelievably cool, around 20 C. I should be out attacking weeds.

• Good morning, all!  It's a beautiful day here and I'm in a good mood, despite the fact I made the mistake of looking online to see what job vacancies are out there.  I do look fairly regularly but the problem is I've got far too clear an idea of what I'm looking for - so adverts that mention 'our client' are out (especially if they mention 'our prestigious client'), 'fast paced environment' (which usually translates to 'we'll never hire enough staff to get the work done in normal working hours') and 'weekend work will be required'.  My problem is that I want something to fit in around volunteering at Minsmere and looking after Limpy.  I don't physically have to do that much for Limpy, but he is steadily getting worse and I find I do a lot more of the driving as it increasingly hurts him.  I worry that if I find a job with too many hours Limpy will end up overdoing it, which he's prone to doing.  I really hope that the right part-time vacancy will eventually pop up - then all I have to do is hope that they'll like me!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• "then all I have to do is hope that they'll like me!"

I'll give you a reference Clare!! LoL

• You're very kind, Mike!  Ironically I have really good references.  I think part of my problem is that my last long-term job was in such a wonderful little workplace that I find myself looking for somewhere else like it - and the odds are pretty slim.

• Clare, I wish I needed a part-time wildlife photographer ... hope you find the right job soon.  Thanks for the gulls!

• Morning all:

Clare: You really need those folks at Minsmere to hire you!  How can we help?

• CLARE    Do hope you get a nice part time job soon. Sorry to hear that LIMPYs health is worsening.