RUTLAND OSPREY PROJECT - 2017

The 2017 season is almost upon us and my first thoughts are of 03(97) / Mr Rutland as he was usually the first back on or around the 17th March and heralded the start of the season. 

03(97) - Mr Rutland   ........  Copyright "LRWT- John Wright"

Sadly 03(97) is no longer with us but it is nice to think of him and smile knowing his legacy will live on as we now eagerly await the safe return of all the regulars and also new returnees.

A safe journey to all.

• Karen W said:

Fantastic news - thanks all.

I am wondering if it is 25(10) as I recall she was the first back last year.

Its bittersweet reading that blog again Karen, when 03(97) was expected to arrive next, it just goes to show that every year there are losses, and that no year is ever the same.   Lets hope that this is one of those "better" years.    

Still none the wiser as to any information about 25(10) though, who she is breeding with etc etc.....  such a great pity as Rutland always gave that information out before and it let people catalogue and know who was with who and how many chicks they had, now it all remains a big mystery! 

• MaryGK said:
    Still none the wiser as to any information about 25(10) though, who she is breeding with etc etc..... 

I think they stated a few years ago that it was 11(10) & I think they've bred since 2013. In the last couple of years they've confirmed "our breeding pairs have returned as expected", so I suspect they were still together last year.

• Thanks Vespa, hope 11(10) makes it back OK.   I think Horn Mill Trout Farm is as good a place of hearing who is back and who isn't back these days.

• I agree, Mary.  Gwash Ospreys too.  I am not sure of the connection between the two though.  River Gwash Trout Farm and Horn Mill Osprey Hide may be one and the same.