Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

My trees are budding out already! Spring is arriving three weeks early this year in my area, according to the scientists.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Western Tanager
Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge, Wyoming
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Anyone here near the Black Isle?  No prizes for guessing what species of bird has been sighted there........!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare firstly not jealous of brekkie sausages as been a veggie for years and don't like the look the looky likeys!!!

Pleased to hear about that certain bird spotted Black Isle way. I heard and then a sighting was confirmed of one just over 2 weeks ago along the river behind our cottage. Didn't post it as I thought the purist would think we were bonkers. It called twice a day for 3 days then dissapeared .

All clear from my consultant so now looking forward to my holiday :-)

• Great news, Wendy.  You will enjoy your holiday even more after that.  

• Unknown said:
    Clare firstly not jealous of brekkie sausages as been a veggie for years and don't like the look the looky likeys!!!

I'd never manage to go vegetarian.  I like my meat far too much!

Unknown said:
    Pleased to hear about that certain bird spotted Black Isle way. I heard and then a sighting was confirmed of one just over 2 weeks ago along the river behind our cottage. Didn't post it as I thought the purist would think we were bonkers. It called twice a day for 3 days then dissapeared .

There are times when the purists just need to be told when to keep schtum.

Unknown said:
    All clear from my consultant so now looking forward to my holiday :-)

Yay!  That's great news.  When do you go?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• We start our 650 mile road trip next Wednesday and then Friday by helicopter to Lundy for a week.

Was there this time last year with my daughters and can't believe how fast this year has gone.

We have had an Osprey this early for the last 3 years so could be a youngster on the look out for a vacant nest.

• Jess has posted a new Blog.

• I thought I remembered you saying you were going to Lundy again, Wendy.  I'm sure you'll have a great time!

• PS Clare I was discussing said with my holiday companion who is also very up on Ospreys and as she said they don't all make that long trip to Africa and as they are clued up on the weather this one hopped across the channel before Storm Doris.

• I would imagine any migratory bird would be more clued up on the weather than anyone - so much depends on their getting it right.

• WENDY    Enjoy your holiday on LundyYou have been through a lot a need a good break.

HEATHER  Hope you are rid of that cold quickly.

We really enjoyed "Rumours of Fleetwood Mac" yesterday evening. They played everything you could have wanted and were a great tribute to the original. ANNETTE   We also have "Rumours" though in CD format now. It is 40 years since it first came out. Oh boy, does that make us feel old.