Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 February 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I thought I would begin the new thread by honoring Margo, who passed on this past week. She was a much-loved member of our community, and she will be missed. Comfort and solace to Chris, her OH.

Billie, Margo's beloved cat, was such a joy in her life, I thought these two happy kittens cuddled in the shape of a heart might be appropriate.

Cuddled Kittens
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• The Notice to which Chris referred.

SOUTHON MARGARET Peacefully on Wednesday15th February 2017 aged 74 years. Beloved wife of Chris, a loving aunt, who will be sadly missed by all who knew her. Ceremony to be held at Bournemouth Crematorium on Wednesday 1st March at 1.15pm. Family flowers only but if desired donations made payable to ‘Forest Holme’ may be sent to Head & Wheble Funeral Directors 1a Oxford Road, Lansdowne, Bournemouth, BH8 8EY Tel: 01202 551190

(Forest Holme is the Hospice where Margo spent her final days)

• Thanks, Mike.  Wish we lived close enough to attend.

I'm so glad OG was moved before Storm Doris arrived!  She is causing chaos all over the place.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thank you Mike for your info and great to hear from you Chris.

If you do make the journey to LG I am sure a bevy of ladies will available to show the lovely places we took Margo to. Amazing to know it was a bucket list topper.

As it is a crematorium I have attended ( lived in Dorset 30 plus years) I will visualise your sad journey.

• EE:  Sounds like things are easier what with OG close to home and computer up and running.  I'm sure you'll get the hospital wifi organized too.  

Chris:  Thanks so much for your message. We have all marveled at your attentiveness to Margo since her diagnosis and all the way through her illness. She was a very, very lucky women to have you by her side. I shall be with you in spirit at 1:15 (UK time) next week.  

Mike: Thanks for the info and for passing on Chris's message.

Heather: Hope your bro's visit is bringing you some comfort.

Off to Do Stuff.  Take care all.

• Good morning, all.  Off to Minsmere today - and it promises to be a much nicer day than yesterday!  Thank goodness those winds have dropped.  I can get some washing out without fear of it going into orbit.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning everyone-

It is cold but quite bright here. Brother and I are off Elgin today to see my youngest daughter and children. Her OH is offshore at the moment. We are taking my OH' s petrol mower with us as son in law doesn't have one. I will use the hover mower here as the petrol mower is too heavy for me to use. The darned thing has a mind of its own! Some of the woodworking tools etc are finding new homes also. I'm happy to know that they will be used and cared for.

CLARE- enjoy your day!

• CHRIS   What a lovely message. thank you. We will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

EE   So glad OG is closer to home. So much better for you both.

HEATHER    pleased your bro was able to come and visit.

LYNETTE   What an oh so cute chick.

Thought I had posted a couple of days ago, but must have dreamt it.

My bro is seeing the social worker today and will get advice and help on the way forward for Mum.

My cousins sad story just never finishes. She had a major op a couple of weeks ago in an Edn hospital and was told there was a 30% chance she would need another.  We had so hoped the one op would do the trick, but no, she does have to have another. She has been in one hospital or another for nearly 6 months and will be for at least another 6 weeks. How they both cope I do not know.

• Chris - that was a lovely post you wrote above.  I didn't know Margo as well as all the others here, I don't post very often apart from Osprey season, but I did speak to her a few times, I asked her once about Billie and she answered back with a long post explaining all.  I copied the picture of Billie onto my laptop, to remind myself what she looked like when Margo spoke of her.  I was in awe of how bravely she fought her illness and am glad she got to do all the things she wanted in life. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday also.

• Clare off to Minsemere and Heather off to Elgin with various bits of equipment.

dibnlib: Is your cousin back in hospital now? Her OH must forget which one she's in the way things have been going. :-(  Your bro seems to be handling your Mom's situation well; hope whatever advice he gets will be helpful.

I'm not off anywhere today, but may be making a quick trip to Arizona in the next day or so.  Granddaughter is looking at buying a house and we've offered to help with the down payment. Need to inspect the one she's made an offer on....   Do wish I didn't have to drive through LA to get there. :-(  I'd fly but of course last-minute tickets cost The Earth and then some...