Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 February 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I thought I would begin the new thread by honoring Margo, who passed on this past week. She was a much-loved member of our community, and she will be missed. Comfort and solace to Chris, her OH.

Billie, Margo's beloved cat, was such a joy in her life, I thought these two happy kittens cuddled in the shape of a heart might be appropriate.

Cuddled Kittens
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Clare Bailey said:

How are your oversized garden birds doing?

Hi, Clare. I didn't see the red-tailed hawks today. With the arrival of the warm weather, they may have gone back to their nesting site in the flood plain behind my garage. Making baby hawks. :-)

Hope Limpy is feeling better.

• Sending strengthening thoughts to all unwell or grieving. Some on this thread have a tough time lately.

Good news that Limpy is home, that OG is going nearer home.

Linda laden with shoes is disappearing for warmer climes. Have a great holiday, my friend.

Our weather has been delightful. Mid 20s most days. Nanny duty tomorrow again, about 6 hours.

• Evening all:

Heather: Nice that you have your brother to chat too. How long will he stay?  Thanks for passing on the info about OG. I keep thinking I should join Facebook, but never do...

Lindybird: How long will you be gone?  Hope the weather is kind. Aha! Four pairs of shoes; you shouldn't have too much trouble cramming the sandals and Skechers in your case. Don't know about those fat paperbacks though - I guess the plan is to read them and leave them behind.

Clare: I bet it's nice to have things more or less back to normal.  I don't have a kindle either; in fact I saw something on tele the other week about how book sales were on the increase!  Yippee!

Djoan: Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.  I'm sure you need some time to yourself to take a breath and start adjusting to things; maybe you'll find some "me" time after the funeral but, as Lynette says, hope that you'll still be able to call on friends when you need them. Take care!

Lynette: Osprey pix are welcome here along with ponies, kittens - oh and Laysan Albatross!  :-)

Diane: Saw on the news tonight that the low-pressure area (or was it high?) that's sending us all these storms is keeping the east so warm - they showed photos of people playing tennis and lolling on the lakeshore in Chicago!   That heavy rainfall is expected in the San Francisco area and north, we're just due for steady light rain.

Hi AQ! Glad things have cooled a bit.

Here's to a kind Tuesday for all.

• Good Morning, All. Dry here at present.

Lynette - I love the Albatross, with their big, sturdy beaks. They're the ones who have such a wonderful display when the mating pairs are reunited again - lots of beak rattling!

Annette - We're off for 3 whole weeks, so I'll miss EJs return (and return she will, I'm sure). Heather has kindly offered to text me with news as I shall be offline. I take one paperback every year and leave it behind, but my OH will probably want to keep all his! 

Diane - I saw that the rocket took off OK the other day, things are still exciting in the world of space exploration even if some of its commercial. Take care of yourself whilst you're busy on that project.

Clare - I meant it kindly when I threatened Limpy - I hoped to make him laugh ;-)  Hope he's had a better night, as sleep aids recovery.

• Here's today's pic:

-- No idea what it is, but isn't it pretty!

• Good morning, all.  I finally posted my Minsmere photos from Sunday 12th - click on this stunning bird to view them:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Super pictures as always, Clare.  Thank you so much for sharing.

A friend I play golf with has had a strange visitor to her garden - wonder if anyone can identify it?  About the size of a wren, green with yellow edges to wings.  Any ideas?

• I think you could be right there, Lindy - unless it's a goldcrest or firecrest?  A greenfinch is considerably bigger than a wren.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• What a cracking set of pictures, Clare - thanks for posting them. I can't help loving the Egret, in spite of there being rarer birds on there:   I don't think I've ever seen a Marsh Harrier :-(

I didn't realise you'd had such a bad chest: hope you're feeling lots better now.