Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 January 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Hello to everyone, and I hope you all have a good week.

I thought I would begin the week by honouring Brenda. She was a wise and truly kind person, and she will be missed.

• Just boiled the soup over on the stove!  

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY to AQ and all our other Aussie friends!

• LINDY - hope there is enough soup left for lunch! Enjoy.

Yes, Happy Australia Day to AQ and any antipodean lurkers :-)

• Hello!!  Happy Australia Day to AQ too!  I usually expect to hear the fireworks whilst watching the Australian Open, but it is now being shown on BBC.  

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Happy Australia day to AQ

We had such a good evening yesterday. Way back in October a friend gave me 2 tickets to see Scottish Ballet perform Hansel and Gretel at Eden Court on Jan 25th. We both so enjoyed their performance, it was superb. The chap next to me had seen The Bolshoi in St Petersburg and was pleasantly impressed with last night.

• Just back from coffee at Tiso. We bumped into an old friend who we hadn't seen for quite some time and spent well over an hour enjoying his company. Shortly OH is taking me to the retail park where it will be coffee again for me with a friend who is off to France tomorrow.

I had foolishly thought I might be swimming again by tomorrow, now realise it will be the middle of next week before I do. I still feel a little fragile after such invasive surgery and as I like to swim head under coming up for air with a gasp, I think that would be asking a bit much of myself.

• AQ Is it too late to wish you Happy Australia Day?

• I was cooking my soup for lunch, when I decided to dash and run a duster over the TV as my Friend was coming for lunch, and then we wanted to watch a film on DVD.  I forgot that I'd left the veggies cooking on "high" and of course when I returned, it was all boiling over on the stove!

After changing the electric ring on my ceramic hob, and tidying up the mess, I consulted the calendar for something, and noticed that it was Australia Day! My Friend duly arrived, and my OH joined us as he came home, in a bowl of tomato, carrot & lentil soup with crusty bread.  No pudding!

We watched "Finding Dory" which is the Disney sequel to the hilarious film "Finding Nemo" - my son bought it for me, for Christmas. It's very good, and we enjoyed it, but thought that it wasn't quite as good as Finding Nemo. I'm sure lots of children will love it, though.

• Dibnlib - I think you're wise in not swimming, just yet. Give it a little time. Hope your jaw feels a bit better now.

Sis in Law dropped in to collect something, and of course Bonnie was ecstatic to see her. They really do adore each other, which is lovely because they can enjoy each others company when we go away.

• Thank you Linda, Heather, Sheila, Dibnlib & Annette for Aussie Day greetings.

No, Annette, it’s not too late. It’s the 27th here now. Yesterday was a public holiday and it is expected that large numbers will take a “sickie” today to have a 4-day weekend and so they are probably still celebrating. Our day was very quiet, so were the neighbours..

Linda is in the kitchen . . . or not . . . alarm bells please. LOL

Pat – I don’t open the door ‘cos it’s too hot!

• AQ -- I only noticed it was Australia Day by accident!  My OH says I should stand over the stove as I often let things boil over..... my mind wanders to other things and sometimes, so do my feet.....

Think I'll have a glass of sherry now that my OH has gone out to his club. What a shame that Johanna Konta went out of the tennis yesterday, she was looking so much more confident.