Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 January 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Hello from very icy Indiana.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Cardinal on Ice
U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright-Free)

• Love the pics, CLARE - and the story they tell!

Thank you to DIANE. Nice to see you back and thank you for your kind message. Good luck with your project. Keep warm. I think that you mentioned a kind of snuggle bag a couple of years ago?

Did your washing machine recover, LINDY?

ANNETTE- hope all is OK. You have sounded a little tired.

EVERYONE - have a good day if possible. It is much milder here, a balmy 6 °C.

• Heather B said:
    Love the pics, CLARE - and the story they tell!

Thanks, Heather.  I've got another lot here - featuring Canada geese this time!  Click on this adorable twosome to see more:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Tell you what, Heather - whenever you really need a lift check out this thread.  It was first posted in 2013 and I still laugh whenever I see it!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare, your photographs today are wonderful - far better than looking out of the window at the pouring rain!  And as for that link to 2013 - priceless!  I have to spend a lot of time in the rest of the day peering down my computer screen, but I have had a good laugh which will stand me in good stead.  Thank you.

• Me too, Pat. I had a darned good chuckle!

• I seem to be having a muddled day!  I think I've tried to do too many things......

Back later!

• It eventually stopped raining here so I went out with the camera - click on this loud bird to see more:

• Oh, LINDA - do take a slow deep breath in and out and sit down.  Shut your eyes and breathe normally for five minutes - open your eyes and then decide slowly what you are doing next - one thing at a time.  It's never too late to start the day over again!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Nasty weather day here rain falling on snow that was sitting on ice.

Luckily Daisy tired after days of hard walk in snow so we escaped for a while.

Did 3 shops sorted out photos for new passports and had a light lunch.

Photos on memory stick so 2 new passports sorted out in 3 1/2 hours. Brilliant technology. Looked up getting new driving licence and it seems they use those photos as well as all linked... big brother :-)))

• Wendy -- My OH just applied for a new driving licence and had to get photos - on the Application Form it mentioned about using your Passport as ID if you were applying for the 1st time, but he was only renewing so it wasn't needed. I agree it feels a bit Big Brother, but on the other hand, at least you have some protection from anyone trying to clone your identity.

OG -- Don't worry, I'm fine - just running around trying to get too much done!  Not exactly a day of rest, LOL!! Have been frustrated by not having time to come and natter on here.

Clare - You're putting up some lovely photos!

AQ - Liked the skink. I'm impressed by all that busy knitting! 

Heather - Hope you had a nice time with your family.

Diane - Sorry that you've been suffering - please be kind to yourself..... as said, you may have not been well because you've had such a stressful time. {HUGS}