Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 December 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE!

The Winter Solstice is Wednesday (21 December). The return of the light!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Sunrise from the International Space Station
NASA photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Hello Diane and to everybody.  Not been on for some time but hope all of you are keeping well.

Margo - do hope you are managing to keep on top of things, thoughts are with you.

Just been up to Nottingham to see Andre Rieu but his concert was cancelled due to a member of the orchestra suffering a heart attack yesterday morning. He is still critical but hope and pray that he will recover.

New date to be announced later so hope to go up when I know the new date.

Been reasonably busy with sorting out Christmas presis and  writing cards.  Brother announce at the beginning of last week if he could pop down on Tuesday with their presents - of course it was yes. However he only stayed an hour as he wanted to get back trying to avoid traffic!!!! Took him 4 hrs to get home.  Still no improvement on the building work on the cottage being finished. Just hope that the New Year will bring more luck.

Will try to look in a bit more than I have been - take care all.

• Evening all:  

Diane: Thank you!  Love that image - isn't that the lightning strikes video filmed from the ISS?  Stay warm.

OG: Hope J feels better once he gets a chance to rest.

Lindybird: How is Bonnie doing with the tree; hope she not only doesn't go after the ornaments but doesn't mistake it for any old tree and decide to leave her calling card. Glad you enjoyed that concert, especially after all that hassle.

Heather:  Any more info on what's causing OH's issues?  When does he get to see the geriatric doc?

Brenda: Will DiL see a consultant in Singapore?

Margo: Very best thoughts to you and your OH.

Lynette:  Good to see you;  but what a shame about the canceled concert.have a lovely Christmas!

Busy here; I seem to get worse at wrapping gifts every year....

Hope Sunday is good to everyone.

• Good Morning, Everyone. Many thanks to Diane for the beautiful picture to start us off on a new week. How dramatic.

Lynette - What a shame about the concert, and the poor musician. Hope you can get back to Nottingham to see the reorganised event.

Annette - Bonnie is thankfully, ignoring the tree. We are going to decorate it today. It is very large - over 7ft - and I love it as since we moved here, I could finally indulge in my desire for a huge one, by putting it in the conservatory. Last year we dare not put it up for fear of Bonnie destroying it, but this year I must say I am beginning to wonder if we should do battle with it every year as it takes ages to erect, put on the lights, and decorate from top to bottom. Then of course, later there is the reverse! My OH does a lot to help and says he enjoys it, but will bow to my wishes if we ever "downsize".

• Thinking of dear Margo today, and hoping she can gain some strength this weekend, and also Heather and her family, managing to be festive whilst fitting in all the hospital visits.

It's dry here and apparently not too col d throughout the UK, so hope that continues and everyone can do their preparations and travel safely at this busy time.

• Something to make you smile today: this is not the same one, but to celebrate that a rare species of baby elephant has just been born in Chester Zoo, not far from here. They're asking for names for her, and some are suggesting Holly as it's seasonal!

• A foggy start here again. Very dark and dismal.

Thank you Diane for starting the week, especially with that sunrise picture.

Lynette. Sorry your concert was cancelled. That was a quick visit from your brother, but a long drive home for him.

Annette, Yes, D-i-L will see the consultant in Singapore. She has just seen the London consultant, who is now allowing her to fly back.

Linda, Lovely elephant pic. I did see the new Chester baby on the news. Chester's 19th. When we visit Chester Zoo, I always head to see the elephants first.

Who is going to put the fairy on the top of your tree. ?  lol

• We have a star ornament for the top, Brenda. My OH gets up a ladder for it, and I hold onto him in case he wobbles! - then I might say, "Its crooked!" and we have a repeat performance!

• Dear friends, I have to tell you that my dear OH, Bill, passed away a few hours ago.

• Heather: I'm shocked and horrified at your news. What on earth.....

This is terrible.

• Heather dear friend to us all my heart goes out to you losing a much loved OH.

Thoughts and prayers for you him and all your family.