Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 December 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON ON TUESDAY!

Everyone have a wonderful week.

White Peony
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Heather - thanks for your update. I was wondering how things were going. They all sound like very sensible arrangements, to me. You will both find it easier to cope.  The theory of his having had a minor stroke makes sense, now that you mention it. I'm glad you have a lot of help offered, and no doubt you will be able to decide if there is any treatment needed or rehab available. Take care of yourself, meanwhile!

Pat. - I don't think I could bear to part with Owlbert now!  I saw him in the shop, as I lingered over the soft toys, telling myself that all of the children have too many already. But then I decided he needed a home with me! :-)

• Morning all: More low gray cloud here today - makes a change (Sorry!).

AQ: I need a rest after reading your nanny duty diary.  And don't ask me about Kindy "graduation" events - all a bit over the top. I don't even remember celebrations other than blessings from the nuns when I left St. Joan's at age 16!

Lindybird: Thanks for peony ID on Diane's lovely photo. And for asking about Cruskits.  I'm doing inside lights (granddaughter and Ms D here for Xmas so can't get cheesy with efforts this year).  We have a couple hundred CDs of mostly classical music I was transferring to my laptop in preparation for moving to my iPhone, but that project is on hold (along with several others). :-(   Final home for CDs will be local library...  I would give Owlbert a home in a minute; he looks very worried!!  I have a little straw bunny I got at a garden shop that sits outside and looks over its shoulder with an equally anxious expression; never fails to strike a chord.

Heather:  Gosh, seems like things get more wobbly all the time. How are you coping when you're there alone? Do hope the carers get put in place soon.

Am trying to get some Xmas stuff organized today....back later.

• Some years ago I treated myself to a music storage unit thingy and spent the next two years recording my extensive vinyl record collection onto it.  I also recorded CDs, but they take hardly any time at all.  I then managed to rehome all the records, thus freeing up a surprisingly large amount of space.  I haven't quite worked out how to record the tapes yet, but if I ever get around to recording them as well, my lounge will seem far larger.  Why is it that hobbies and things that give so much pleasure take up so much room?!?!?

• LINDY   What cuteness.

HEATHER   Glad you have got yourselves organised so quickly. I do hope you get all the help you need so you do not completely exhaust yourself. Mum had a series of mini strokes some years ago. This was originally diagnosed as ear/balance problem.

I rarely speak to Mum as she now doesn't answer the phone and my brothers promise to call from her house once a month so I could speak to her came to nothing. What a surprise!!!!  Anyway I keep trying and today the phone was answered by one of her carers, who persuaded her to speak to me. The call was brief and it was obvious she didn't want to bother. I know it is her illness that causes this, but it still hurts.

• Aw, {{HUGS}}  dibnlib.  It is the hardest part, when they don't know you or can't take an interest any more in the goings on outside their world. I knew of a Mum who didn't know any of her three children any more, and for a couple of years, until she died, one of them just stopped visiting even though it was not far to go. Hard to say whether you would feel any better if you lived nearer -- it's to sad to see the decline.

• LINDY   It is so tempting to stop visiting esp as I am sure it wouldn't matter to Mum. Her interaction when we are there is nil and I have said for a long time that by the time we have driven out of the village she will already have forgotten we have been there. Could I live with myself if we didn't go to see her? Think we will just continue to see her for a few hours every now and then and that way I can live with myself.

• I think that sounds very sensible, Dibnlib.  You have our sympathy for being in this sad situation.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Anyone here like waxwings?  We visited Norwich yesterday and saw our first ones!  Click on the photo to see more:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• By the way, OG, I saw this at Minsmere on Friday and I thought of you:

• Wow, CLARE - all those berries for the Waxwings - no wonder they are enjoying Norwich (can't stand the place myself, always so cold there when we used to visit OH's family home!)  Nice of you to think of me when you saw the lovely Goldfinch.  We seem to be seeing some very large ones (usually the males) this year.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!