WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY DECEMBER 4, 2016

Where did the year go!

Off out - back later.  

• Best to get the thing biopsied, HEATHER.  The one OH had done recently was totally benign, but always good to know - except that they say they are age related!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• I had to chuckle, OG, the GP, one of the older ones, was struggling to find his way on his computer, when looking for an appointment for me at Minor Surgery clinic. He asked me to excuse him, left the room and returned shaking his head.' All this technology, but things have changed, and you now just go to the reception desk and ask for an appointment'. We agreed it wasn't progress, rather the reverse!

• LOL Heather.  Not always progress!

I've been in a "Do It Now" mode -- when I come across something that needs attention, I stop everything and do it!  So, some niggling things are sorted. But the downside has been that my morning shower got put back to 10.30am, and my mid morning drink to 11.45! Also, I cleaned the ceramic hob instead of making soup for lunch, so we (eventually) ate lunch much later than usual....... now I'm late for going out - shall I go tomorrow, or Do It Now? Urgh, I've got a horrible feeling that I still won't get all the things done which I wanted to, today, whichever....

• LINDY   The otter has transferred beautifully to out desktop.

Don't think we got above freezing here today. Culloden and Daviot were lovely and crisp, but a fog hung over Inverness and Dalcross. I swam, then met a friend and we went to "The Daviot" for a very good cullen skink lunch. Home in time to walk Benson in the daylight, and friend drove off to walk Maizie at Dalcross.

• Sat down and dashed off our Christmas letter!  Now OH is making his contribution - reading it to see if he approves!  Edit: he found one typo – I had missed a capital!

Heather – we make appointments on the internet here, although I believe minor ops are still arranged by front desk.  When are you having it done?

Linda – “Do-it-now” mode sounds admirable – if only it works!

Dibnlib – stayed cold here too, not much above zero all day, despite some sunshine.  J came in with very cold hands and feet, but a warm mince pie helped him feel better, and beef in oven for dinner smells warming too.

• OG - I had to refuse the first appointments offered, starting next week, because no one available to sit with OH. He isn't safe to mobilise independently as you know. So have got an appointment for early January. It is no big deal, the Thing has been there for several months anyway!

• My turn for nanny duty and I’ve collected the day of kindy break-up, so longer than usual 3 hours! I have opted to mind twins at home – less disruptive to their routine and it will give Dau special time with Miss5. What are my chances of getting MissL to nap? Maybe. MissJ? No way.

• HEATHER - I do hope someone can be found to be with OH for your January appointment.

AQ - do be careful during your longer nanny-day - I hope books still keep them happy - maybe if the stories lull you to sleep they will go with you!

Very dark start to the day here - presumably cloudy, which could mean no frost, but sometimes frost arrives with the sun!  Not a hugely busy day but still got ironing to do (my fault for catching up with laundry), hairdresser comes this afternoon, then out to a lecture this evening.

• Good Morning, All. Very dark here, too. Only just now lightening up. But not as cold, hurrah!

Hope things go well with your nanny day, AQ.  Have you left something at home for dinner so that you can just collapse when you get home?

I'm off to sort out my prescriptions with the Chemist, who seems to have got muddled over quantities. Then I really must sit down and write more Chr. cards.....