Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 November 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Sending good energy to everyone coping with adversity.

White-Tailed Deer Eating Snow
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service

• My OH has surprised me by saying "Yes" to our buying a new stereo system.  Our old one is so old we don't remember when we bought it, it was so long ago in the mists of time. Not surprisingly, it has been doing strange things of late, such as not coming on when you press the "On" button, or cutting out in the middle of news bulletins.  We listen to the radio a great deal during the day, always have - on several different channels as we like all kinds of music.

This one was offered on the Black Friday system today, and as it seemed a good price I suggested it.  It's now ordered and so I'm quite excited!

• It is always exciting when my OH opens his wallet, LINDY! It's a family joke, that his wallet is fastened with superglue.

• That is very exciting Lindy!, No good having a stereo system that doesn't obey the "on" button.

Does that mean that the delivery men will be beating the  path to your front door again?

• I am cooking dinner and sipping a glass of wine. Something is bubbling away faster than it should. Oops! Must go!

• There is a lady near me who seems to have at least one delivery of ... something ... every day.  Then the van comes back the next day to pick things up again.  Perhaps she doesn't have much of a social life ... it's quite sad really.

• I was reading today that most of the shopping malls were quiet yesterday, what they call Black Friday. Apparently a lot of folk are shopping online these days. I do it myself so can't say too much!

My coffee pod machine gave up the ghost yesterday. Youngest family grabbed a black Friday bargain replacement for my  Christmas present. Amazing bargain. Sold out when I looked at the website today. I'm told that they will give it to me before Christmas. So Santa will come early LOL.

Hope that your meal didn't burn, ROSY

• Black Friday is all very well if they have what you want/need!  You sound as though your family grabbed you a bargain, Heather.

I, on the other hand, searched several websites for a pair of bowling shoes, size 5.  I could have had no end of pairs of pretty well every other size, but could I get the ones I wanted in my size?  NO!!  I wasn't being particularly fussy, but nothing in my size.  Ho hum ...

• PAT - before my OH developed his balance problems he was a keen bowler. Needed new shoes size 8 wanted Velcro fastening. I looked online for weeks, no luck.

• One of our neighbours has a lot of deliveries or pickups. My OH who met this neighbour only said “He works from home”. Yes, but details please. Men!

Miss20 will be 21 in Feb. I can’t be old enough to have a g-dau of such an age! Next year will be her final year training as a primary teacher. She says she wants to go to a country town. I don’t think she quite understands how isolated the country is and how few young people there are – they’ve all gone to Adelaide to find work.

I’d better away, get dressed for church. Ah, it’s Advent. Later I must find the wreath for the front door.

• Pat, I have also searched online for bowling shoes. I need wide fitting shoes. I cannot be the only bowler with large feet. I suffer the indignity of having to wear men's shoes! Not a very Glamorous look!

The meal came to no harm, thanks, Heather. It was lamb curry. (for OH) I don't eat meat.