WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2016

Look back at last week for Lindybird's lovely Remembrance Day poem and related posts.

Veteran's Day was yesterday here, but there were some events today judging by the various planes that flew in formations along the beach.   

Best thoughts to all this week..

• Linda- I hope you are putting your poems into book form, if not for the public, then for your family. They are so good!

• bjane - how nice of you to say so.  My family are not the least interested in any of my writings.  If I wer'nt so lazy, I would go back and refine them as they are all banged out far too fast, as the mood takes me:  when I read them a day later, I see lots of things I would change.  

As there is no profit at all in this kind of poetry, I am resigned to having to 'sit down one day' and write a Bestselling Novel instead....... LOL!   I have started two, and the second one has been in the first stage for about ten years already!

• Hallo all:

Lindybird: Another cute verse - alas, you know what they say "No man is a prophet in his own country."  And also alas, no profit in poetry either!

Heather: Haha. "Fourth Horseman" Facebook post very funny (even funnier if it weren't so true). Will pass around like-minded friends.

bjane: That's grim about Iowa; is any group challenging the ruling in court or am I completely off the mark?  Yes, California is a very strong Democratic state with Dem majority in Senate and State Assembly (not to mention our very popular Jerry Brown as Governor).  

Very busy this morning with e-mails and phone calls from all over. My plan to spend the day doing meditative, soothing work in garden has gone off rails but am heading there now.

• Not had time to get back on here. Not sure where the day has gone since our visitor left. The rain has started and we have an amber warning for Angus ( the storm overnight and tomorrow morning).

I did sit and watch Andy Murray's semi-final. He did make us suffer, but he did win.

Dibnlib, I was looking at jigsaws yesterday, thinking that I would like to try one again. I haven't done one for many years.

Linda, I see you are having a poetic session again. You really are very good.

Annette, I hope you manage to spend time in your garden.

I did read that the Strictly judges are hoping that Ed Balls will withdraw from the competition, as they are afraid that he could win if the public keep 'saving' him.

• Annette-The ruling was challenged twice and the start date got set back twice because it was determined that the state was not ready, but our Governor always gets what he wants and on March 1st it went into effect. My daughter was allowed 9 hours a week for aides. her legs are paralyzed so she has to have a bed bath and help getting out of bed and help getting into bed at night seven days a week. It has been a challenge as there is such an aide shortage so I do 7 nights and 3 mornings and I do her laundry and light housekeeping. She has an aide 4 mornings a week for a total of 7 hours. They have not been able to find anyone to do weekends as there is only 2 hours left. I think it is dbnlib's Mother or Lynette's that has a similar problem.

Sorry for the long explanation. I had her at my home for 2 years when she had no aides and that was almost easier than running to her place everyday.

• Not sure where my day has gone, either - did rush out and plant some miniature daffs in a pot by our front door, after I returned from shopping this morning. Then this afternoon spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to order something online (as a Christmas present). Nearly gave up as it kept asking for my password, when I hadn't shopped with them before...  I find the internet useful most of the time, but there are times when I could just pull the plug in frustration!

I see Andy is still on form, Brenda. He seems to have got the determination to stay at the top!

As for Strictly, Ed Balls may be on his last appearance, I feel. The others are all so good, which is hard to ignore.