WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2016

Hope the new week is kind to all...

Lindybird: How distressing for your friends who moved to a town house. My sister and BiL have a lovely house in the country but are thinking they should be closer to services/family - all in Bucks - and are very concerned about the options.

Lynette: Was this your former family home that's listed and has been in limbo for a year? You mention a landlord who went broke....

Hot here these last couple of days and more to come, but still, we've had a nice summer. Got my "project" table in from the garage tonight with an eye to starting on the dreaded sorting and culling of photos taken over the last - um - decade.

It was granddaughter's birthday today. She went out with her coworkers last night but didn't have a great time. She now works with people in detox treatment and apparently saw too many party types throwing back the booze who reminded her of her clients.

Anyway, best thoughts for all for the coming week.

• Not surprised you ran out of steam, AQ. Tomorrow is another day...

Our neighbour has had a veranda built at the back of her house but she is hard pressed to find room to sit on it. Seems to be full of overflow items from her house:-( plus washing draped over the rails. Still, she is happy and that is all that matters.

Just had a phone call from youngest daughter, while typing this. Her OH has been told in the last ten minutes that he is no longer at threat of redundancy. Daughter was weepy but apparently I'm to blame - she just broke down when she heard my voice. After eight months of uncertainty this is the best news.

Must go, I want to tell my OH the good news.

• Heather --  What good news!  I'm so happy for you all.  It must be a relief not to have it niggling you at the back of your mind.

Good that you took time to sit in the sun, AQ.

Been out with Friend.  She has come back from two weeks in the Yorkshire Dales where they had wonderful weather. We were going to go out to lunch, but decided to go to the cinema instead, as it would be our only chance to see "Bridget Jones's Baby" . Thoroughly enjoyed it, it is a comedy but we both also cried at some of the poignant moments! It is very funny, although there is a lot of over loud music and a lot of swearing you must be warned.

Sunny here now and the leaves in the garden are turning autumny.

• Heather: That's Wonderful news about Sil's Job. What a relief (sorry you caused the meltdown!).  :-)   Glad also that OH is brighter.

Clare: You and AQ are very naughty (re Awful Cousin).  :-)

Alan: Good of you to point out Autumn Watch program for folks on that side of the Pond.  BBC is very stingy with some of their content, but must confess have never made an attempt to watch the program.

Was 102F here yesterday. Yoga class focused on slow relaxing poses, even though it's got a/c.  Hot last night too, but as I said, cooler temps due this p.m. as the wind turns from the ocean and not a minute too soon.  Had lunch with acquaintances from LA yesterday who were en route to Monterey. Wife announced she was "undecided" re presidential candidate. I choked down my salad, smiled brightly, and changed the subject!  Watched the debate accompanied by one glass too many of wine.  'Nuff said.

Margo and Diane are in my thoughts.  Hi to everyone else, lurkers included!

• HEATHER   I am pretty sure they can climb stairs.... sorry.     Spiders don't bother me, but wasps terrify me. Thank goodness we shouldn't see any more till August next year.

• HEATHER   Glad things seem to be improving for OH.

• HEATHER   Pleased to hear news of SinL.

• Thanks, Everyone, for thoughts re SiL. Such a relief for us all as jobs are hard to come by, especially in the oil and gas industry.

ANNETTE - I was listening last night to the debate. Agree, enough said. Too many personal comments by them both, for me. And by golly, the BBC world service radio give news every half hour so by morning I had heard more than enough.

• Heather B said:
    Just had a phone call from youngest daughter, while typing this. Her OH has been told in the last ten minutes that he is no longer at threat of redundancy. Daughter was weepy but apparently I'm to blame - she just broke down when she heard my voice. After eight months of uncertainty this is the best news.

YAY!!!!!!!!  So pleased for them - and you.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thank you, CLARE

Such a relief.
  • Hi, but good night!  Done well with newsletter work today - tomorrow should just about crack it, but with a day in hand before printing, just in case ...  Also had a haircut today.

Good news from HEATHER; so pleased you have one less worry!

Will look in again tomorrow.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!