WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 2016

And it's a new week. 

Check the last page of last week's thread for Lindybird's "Ode to a (Dirty?) Kitchen"   :-)

• Heather, You are supposed to enjoy your new kitchen. LOL Your OH will need some chocolate this evening, having been fed an hour earlier.

• BRENDA- He is sitting watching TV with a box of Roses beside him. Feet up, very contented!

• Yes, Heather - you're supposed to be enjoying your kitchen, not cleaning it, LOL!!!!!  Nice to get an early meal sometimes, you then have a longer evening to enjoy!!

Brenda - Very very glad to hear that the wedding went so well. Some lovely memories to treasure. Hope that your d.in-law can get lots of good advice, and help with her decisions. Thinking of you all.

• Brilliant, Heather.  You certain;y know how to keep him happy :-))

• Evening all:

Lindybird: Paul Hollywood?  Sounds like a stage name.   Wonder why the change came about - did their contract with the BBC run out?

Brenda: So good the wedding went off so well - I'm sure your daughter looked just as beautiful as you say!   DiL seems like she's getting all kinds of specialized attention; amazing the things they can do.  Tree produces hundreds of oranges.  It's almost a relief when they're all distributed. Then again, our Satsuma tree is laden with tangerines that will be ready come January. The good thing is that it's still shorter than I am and won't get as high as the orange tree.

Heather: So is kitchen done or mostly with just the finishing touches?  Dinner early? Well, that just allows an extra hour for another glass of wine or two.

Hallo to ALL.

• Our visit to OHs family went well and our brief meeting with ex RAF colleagues was really good. It was as if we ain't seen them for 3 days and not 33 years. They are coming up to a wedding in Blairgowrie next year so hope to see them again then.

Our journey to and from Abingdon was so easy and certainly the way we will do it in future. Unfortunately we arrived home to a bit of a mishap. An upstairs cistern had leaked so we had water damage down part of one wall and a water stain on the ceiling in the main room. Also a bit of a soggy carpet where this had happened and of course the floor in the offending bathroom. Not worth claiming on the ins as our excess is more than the repairs will cost we think. Wednesday we were meant to be collecting Benson and walking round Loch an Eileen with a friend. Instead we were late getting to the kennels as OH had a  GP cancellation appt and we had to be back for the plumber late morning so no lovely walk. OH then had a dental appt in the afternoon as a filling has come out while we were away and we had the decorator around for advice. He carefully removed 3/4 strip of wallpaper and a very small one above the door to the dining room, said to leave it for the wall to dry out (10 days or so) and hopefully OH will be able to put the wall paper back with no problem. Decorator said there is a possibility that the paper may have shrunk in which case we will have to rethink.

Must go as swimming and meeting a friend this morning.

• Good Morning, All.  Sunshine at the window, here - yesterday was mixed, with some showers.

Annette - Paul is a Master Baker and was known here previously to his success in the Bake Off programme. He is extremely knowledgeable about all things bread, and can sometimes be a tough and critical judge. The programme itself was produced by an outside source, commissioned by the BBC, and they were tempted by a millions of pounds deal with Channel 4.  Shocking news that Yahoo has been hacked.

Trying to get my packing done ahead of next week, so that I can be relaxed as the holiday approaches. Probably time to concentrate on that today, as my OH is off on a special Golf Day Out, followed by an evening meal with his Golf Society to mark the end of their year.

• Thinking of Diane and her family, and also of dear Margo and her sister.

• Dibnlib -  See you've been posting whilst I was wittering. Good that you had such a lovely time away, and enjoyed the company of your old friends. A bit of a shocker that you came home to all that dampness and damage - hope it's not too difficult to repair. I see you've "hit the ground running" as soon as you got home, as regards things to do!

• Good Morning Everyone.

Dibnlib, What a horrible homecoming for you, after such an enjoyable trip. The same thing happened to us some years ago and flooded the utility room below.

Thinking of Diane and her brother.