WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 2016

And it's a new week. 

Check the last page of last week's thread for Lindybird's "Ode to a (Dirty?) Kitchen"   :-)

• Thinking of Diane as this lovely sunrise appears in Shetland, I hope it will be a better day for her today.

Good Morning Annette.

• Hi MaryGK; That really is a gorgeous sunrise. I'm off to bed now. Have a good Sunday.

• Have a good sleep Annette, and a good Sunday too when you wake up.

Norwegian Star has just arrived in Lerwick.

What an excellent quality webcam.   Click to enlarge.

• Thank you, ANNETTE for starting us off. I almost wrote 'starting us up' and maybe that's what I need, cranking up to get going.

I've only just seen the Ode, LINDY and loved it!

Thanks MARY for the Shetland pics. Beautiful skies. I hope that DIANE sees them.

Back later, need coffee, strong and hot.

• Good Morning, All, and thanks to Annette for beginning our thread once again: also thanks to Mary for the lovely pics.

It's sunny here and promises to be a pleasant day.

Off to get my breakfast and look at the Shetland cam!

• Good morning.  Good weather here yesterday and today (until this evening, I think).

Thanks, ANNETTE, for the start to the new week.  Last week ended here with great views of the full harvest moon.

HEATHER - I'm not sure whether Diane is reading this thread these days, she is exhausted and busy trying to prepare practicalities for when her brother leaves hospital.  We did manage quite a long Facebook Chat yesterday.  Pleased your kitchen project has progressed thus far - who is overseeing the remaining work, with the joiner away on his hols?

Our weekend has not gone at all according to plan; I started to feel unwell Friday evening, and then realised I have a UTI.  I was able to get to the hospital's Primary Care Unit, via phoning NHS24, where the duty doctor confirmed my diagnosis and gave me antibiotics.  I was unable to go to the performance last evening, and J was still quite unwell with a bad cold and persistent headache.  This meant cancelling our table for supper, but when OH phoned to do that, he was told that supper was cancelled due to lack of bookings and "we should have received a phone call"!  He did some shopping and produced simple meals for the day.  We decided he should go to Langholm himself (borrowing J's car)rather than waste all three tickets.  The audience was very small, so the band played acoustic in the café area instead of the auditorium.  Having wandered too and fro and "drunk the river dry" during the day, I made a number of Christmas cards during the evening, and then caught up with some TV.  Today, OH has gone to church without me; it is a shortened service, followed by the quarterly meeting.  I am already in less pain, so I assume the anti-biotics are working - but now must go get my fifth drink of the day!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Sorry to see you've joined me as a UTI sufferer, OG.  Worse, sorry that your evening was spoiled. Hope that J recovers soon. My Youngest and family all had a really bad cold last week, which young Tomasz had brought home from school - little Matthew suffered the worst, poor thing. All recovering now.

Sis-in-law also had a bad one a couple of weeks ago which has left her with such a bad chest, she had to see the Doc: she does not smoke so is hoping there is no reason for it always getting on her chest - waiting now for results of a chest X-Ray.

Hope that Diane is OK after all the tiredness and stress.

• Glad that the ABs are working, OG and hope that you will be rid of the bug, soon. To answer your question - I am project manager this coming week:-)) Joiner will return after his holiday to do any snagging and fitting of kickboards after flooring is done and we will deal directly with plasterer/tiler,decorator and flooring company. This was always the plan. We always have the same painter and likewise organise our own flooring.

Waiting for eldest son in law who is coming to install new anti virus for our PCs.

• Quiet on here this afternoon.  We've been for a short walk, Bonnie ran excitedly into a ditch and so came out wearing black muddy "wellingtons" or so it looked!  Had to be washed down before she came into the house. Later, we did some tidying in the garden, and then sat out again, as it was bright & sunny with hardly any wind. Our peace was shattered this afternoon though, as the owner of the still unsold house next door came around with a noisy hedge cutter and proceeded to fiddle around with the hedges for a couple of hours!

I've started collecting things together as we take our holiday in a couple of weeks and suitcase space is limited, as we fly to get to our cruise ship, so we're weight restricted. Not too many shoes! LOL!  (Guess what I asked for from my OH for my birthday last month.....)

• A larger, lighter suitcase?