DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Monday 15 August 2016

Well I don't often get the honour of starting a new thread, think it is only about the second time this season. 

Rather than try to write out a round up of yesterdays happenings, it is much quicker to do a LINK to Birdie Num Num's brilliant SUMMARY report.  

Our days of seeing EJ and the family are numbered now, it has been a fantastic season, and a productive one, with two healthy juveniles.   Long may they fly safe and hopefully be sighted back in the UK in two years time. 

It is an empty nest, but I can hear Odin or EJ alarm calling off nest.  (SCYLLA yeah I have sound back) :-)

• Back to one bird - Odin's fish has been successfully carried off:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• MaryGK said:

We have a juvie on the nest with a fish, sorry don't know when it was delivered as was in a buffer yet again. 

That looks like it could be an EJ whale.  I hope so, anyway!

Our remaining juvie has flown and look who's quick to arrive on the nest:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• How beautiful:

• The jays are fighting over the leftover fish!  I would have said there was enough fish to satisfy both of them.

• Good morning - I woke up to tech problems, am hoping I've got the early fish.

MARY, thank you for starting the day and I'm so glad you've got sound back :-)

Good morning, CLARE, how kind the Jays have been to us!

Good morning to PATILY and MIKE, even tho I haven't seen them (probably my fault).

Off to check recordings.

IMAGICAT

• DAYCAM 0506hr

Willow spies FISH!

Buffer:

Willow has fish, deliverer gone:

Willow mantling:

Intruder?  Or sibling?  There were no alarm calls from EJ or Odin:

If it's not one would-be thief...

It's another:

Disaster for the 0746hr FISH per ODIN - no buffering, but I was resetting the recording sharing the screen and the whole thing therefore dimmed!

IMAGICAT