Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 July 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

• Thanks for thinking of us - all okay here.  Very busy  - had the church newletter to finish for a deadline, and our first one for this church so had to put some effort into layout etc.

OH had a cold last week and I have been very "chesty" this week, so also lacking sleep, and anything like that aggravates the inflammatory problems.  Hoping to shake it off before holiday next week.

J is safe at home, so quite a busy domestic day today.  Hairdresser turned up at teatime to tell us she is going independent from the salon; we followed her there when previous salon folded, so our loyalty is to her, and she will come here to do our hair now.  

Then grandson phoned to say his fiancée has to work the weekend we shall be at his Mum's, so could we meet up with the two of them in Dunfermline area on our way home - may decide this can be RSPB Loch Leven, but need to work out travel times.  He will still come to his Mum's as well, and his brother and wife and bump will also meet us there!

Sorry about bad bruises, strains and other pains - hope all feel better soon.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Evening all here. Very lazy day and have just been watching the Democratic convention in Philadelphia. Some very good and, let's hope, effective speeches.

OG: Good to see you. Forgot you guys have taken on the newsletter  - I'm sure your vicar is relieved to have it in capable hands again.  Hope you feel better for your holiday and that you can organize something with grandson and fiancee.

Rosy/Lindybird: Will make extra brownies next time!

Heather: What a pain - literally - to have to wait for a bus with a bad back.  Lots of tourists here too with all the associated good and bad aspects.  Did you make the meringue your OH had with the raspberries?

dibnlib: Sorry about your Aunt. Were you close to her?  Impressed by your friend's accomplishment - good for him.

One day of lolling is quite enough; must arrange to be more productive tomorrow.

Take care all.

• LINDY/ANNETTE   Will go to Aunts funeral if OH isn't working. It will be in the central belt so a 3 hour drive.  Haven't seen my Aunt and Uncle for a few years. We always used to pop to see them when visiting Mum, but as you know my visits to Mum are now fleeting affairs and no time for anything else. Saw my cousin in May. She is the one who has had her legs amputated. The fact that her sister and her children live in France may complicate arrangements, esp as she and her Dad are not on speaking terms. That is cousin who lives in France.Oops, families!!

• OG- Happy that you are OK and just busy. Hoping that you will throw off the chesty thing and associated worsening of your pain before you start packing for your holiday.

ANNETTE- I bought the meringue nests I'm afraid....

I have to go on a mission to M and S today. Granddaughter is only 11 years but very tall and her age 12-13 school trousers are too short. She is also incredibly slim and I fear that bigger size trousers will be too big at the waist. We wonder when she will stop growing. One of my nephews is 6ft 7in.

• Good Morning. Rushing about as our family come today.

OG - Nice to see that you're both OK, and just busy. Although I hope that chest clears up. Hope the newsletter is a success.

Dibnlib - I asked about the funeral as I thought it might be some dIstance from you. These things are not always easy to organise to attend, I know. Don't tell me about families, urgh!

• Heather you wrote as I posted - Good luck on your mission!  (6ft 7?!!)

• Heather B said:
    I have to go on a mission to M and S today. Granddaughter is only 11 years but very tall and her age 12-13 school trousers are too short. She is also incredibly slim and I fear that bigger size trousers will be too big at the waist. We wonder when she will stop growing. One of my nephews is 6ft 7in.

When I started high school I was one of the tallest in the year, a respectable 5'4" at the age of 12.  Imagine my surprise when I encountered the tallest girl in my year - she was a full 4 inches taller than me!  It turned out, however, that she had reached her full adult height exceptionally young - and she had to watch me grow another 8 inches over the next five years (my poor mother!!).  Many kids who grow like weeds when they're young slow down before their height gets too ridiculous.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I rather hope so, CLARE. Granddaughter's mum, my youngest, is just under 6ft tall and a while back had to buy clothes from Long Tall Sally. Now, she can get jeans that are long enough and just looks for longer length tops.  I guess that it is the same for you?

• Getting jeans and trousers is very much easier than it was 30 years ago when I reached my full (6') height.  Next and M & S are good but funnily enough I seem to do a lot of trouser and jeans shopping in Sainsbury's, whose longer length stuff is spot on for me.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Dear All

I think I am becoming a bit of an attention seeker but not in a good way. What a worrying week and a half. Breathing started to go downhill last week and I just thought blood levels were dropping quickly and an urgent transfusion was needed but was rather surprised as it was only a couple of weeks since the last one. Very early Sunday morning I realised I was definitely not well at all and finding it very difficult to breathe very well. Phoned the hot line at 5.30 and they asked me to come in a sap. OH drove me in in my night clothes as I could not get dressed in my very weakened state. Arrived at hospital and very quickly underwent various tests. Blood levels were indeed very low and platelets also which explained the awful bruising everywhere. What transpired from tests was a little frightening, my heart beat was extremely low and it was at a point which could have led to a heart attack. I think I have been extremely lucky that Poole Hospital are just the best. Pacemaker fitted early Monday and after an overnight stay to make sure pacemaker was working I was discharged Tuesday lunchtime to be reunited with Billie who  had missed me so much and of course OH was out a lot so she really felt lonely. I am not feeling too bad but very sore so unable to sleep properly and very restricted in the movement of my left arm and will have to be careful for the next six weeks. Bit difficult getting dressed because cannot live my arm higher than the pacemaker so it is a bit of a performance all round. Have an appointment at the clinic in a few weeks where they will recheck pacemaker is set at the correct level. Stitches are coming out next Monday and I am not looking forward to that.

Booked in to see my Consultant a week next Monday followed by blood and platelet transfusions. Have to reiterate again how lucky we are to have such good care from an excellent NHS hospital.

All this came as a big shock to both of us as you can imagine but at the end of the day i am still here and still and fighting.

Finally a big thankyou to all of you who have travelled this rather bumpy road with me and all the encouragement and support which has meant such a lot.

Love Margo x