Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 July 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

• Thank you DIANE!

Awaiting granddaughter and Ms. D. who were at Pismo Beach with grandson for the day. Daughter will be here tomorrow and will go home Monday. OH's dinner cooking; I'm on my second half-glass of wine.. :-)

• Hi, folks. I'm too tired and distracted to read your news and make replies. I arrived here in Indianapolis to pet-sit for my friends for the next week. They left this morning for a holiday in Nova Scotia. I got a call right after they left. My brother has been admitted to hospital with acute renal failure (kidney failure) and vascular dehydration. After blood tests and CT scan, the doctors think that the kidney failure is due to a build up of one of the drugs he takes for his diabetes. He's been having serious health issues for the last couple of weeks. They will monitor him this weekend in hopes that taking him off of the drug will return his kidneys to functioning. I'm not going to try to arrange a way to the hospital for the time being. I've talked to him on the phone several times today, as well as his OH. You all may not hear from me for a few days. Everyone have a good week.

• Oh s**t DIANE. Just what you don't need.  Do hope your bro will be stabilized....

• Diane – Hope the Docs solve your brother’s problems quickly. “Phone” visits may cheer him enough until you return.

Brenda – What have you been doing to yourself. Should I send a roll of cotton wool? Anniversary dinner (congrats by the way) can always be deferred until better weather.

Rosy – I remember dashing about, fitting in events before collecting girls from school. I think I moved faster back in the Olden Days LOL.

Annette – Enjoy your family and don’t stress too much. Have another glass of wine. (You can have mine.)

Linda – Love the Robin. He would be dizzy here today.

It is another bleak day, mid pm & max only 12.6 C, some rain, windy, a little sun. Every time I think of giving my wound some sunshine, the darn clouds reappear. Knee movement is better but I do wish that the healing process did not result in sudden stinging twinges. Grumble Grumble. Why am I whingeing, it’s not 5 weeks yet.

• Good Morning, and thanks to Diane for starting us off.

Sorry to read your news about your brother. A worrying time for you, but he's in the best place. Good that you can keep in touch by phone. I'll be thinking of you all.

Annette - enjoy your family visit. And the wine!

AQ - You're doing so well, hang on in there. Lots of people say that it's a rather uncomfortable process, getting over it.

Hope that dear Margo is OK - {{HUGS}} to you if you're reading, Margo.

Brenda - thought about you in the middle of the night, do hope that you are mending now. AQs suggestion of cotton wool sounds good!

• "Hope that dear Margo is OK - {{HUGS}} to you if you're reading, Margo."

It has been a long time since we've heard. Does anyone have any knowledge please?.

• Brenda might know, Mike: she keeps in touch with Margo.

• Here are some pics to make you smile today:   Little Delicious Delilah, at her Christening one week ago:

She remained calm throughout, and just looked around.  She did get rather bored by the endless photos by the font afterwards, though!!

• Thank you DIANE. I am so very sorry to read that your brother is in hospital and hope that the medics will soon get him better. Thinking of you and him and his family.

Thank you all for your news - ROSY, LYNETTE,AQ, OG, ANNETTE, LINDY and especially BRENDA who I, too, have been concerned about. You certainly have been in the wars, BRENDA :-(

LINDY - what a beautiful baby. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

I have a few jobs to catch up on today, before youngest family arrive back here tomorrow. Steam cleaning the kitchen floor is a priority. I washed it on Friday but don't think I rinsed it properly. Watching Isla marching around in pristine white socks yesterday, I couldn't help feeling a bit worried! My youngest daughter lives in the cleanest house you can imagine. She regularly uses cotton buds when cleaning corners of things etc. Of course, all of you reading this probably do that also! I am just a slattern...

Yesterday's birthday lunch for Katie at eldest daughter's home was very enjoyable. It was good to have our annual meet up with eldest SiL's family. His elder brother remarried last year to a lady from Kazakhstan (he works there, an engineer in an oil related job). She is just lovely, such a happy person. She came to us on Boxing Day as her husband was in Kazak. He is on a rotational contract. She also worked for the same company but lives here full time now and still on a two year visa. Her biggest anxiety is passing the English test.

The lunch was tasty - tomato,fresh basil and mozzarella salad drizzled with good olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.  Salami, parma ham, bresaola etc. Grilled artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, griddled courgettes, sliced melon. Pizzas, some lovely breads plus a cheeseboard. Followed by a huge bowl of strawberries from her father in law's garden. Home made birthday cake and coffee to round it all off. All my OH had when we came home was two toasted slices of brioche loaf with raspberry jam. Speaking of jam, the granddaughters helped me pick a load of blackcurrants while I was there. I'll make jam for eldest daughter, maybe today, maybe tomorrow. You know how it is!

• Heather:  That birthday lunch sounds just wonderful......  makes my mouth water!

Yes, little Delilah was so good and smiled throughout. She was also passed around like a parcel at the party later, and didn't seem to mind at all. A placid baby.  She was very much wanted, for reasons I can't go into here, but is such a joy to the family.

Cotton buds......  arn't they just for your ears and things? !  And now you've reminded me that I said I would do the kitchen floor whilst my OH was out for a Golf Day.