Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 July 2016

Happy New Week and Happy Full Moon on Tuesday!

• A quiet Saturday on here again.

Been out shopping, and sat in the garden for a while as very pleasant today: not too hot. Got my films onto disc from the last couple of weeks, so am able to show you my lovely Red Robin!  

Here he is.......

~   He is on a metal branch, and the branch is only just balanced, not fastened, to a pole you put into the ground.  So he goes around gently in the wind.

• Oh he's cute Lindybird. I love whimsical things like that.

Family arriving late this afternoon or evening in varying possible configurations. Told granddaughter to let me know how many and when by 3 p.m..... Flexibility is the key word.

• Hello Everybody. I am back on my laptop now. Thanks for your messages. My back injury is fine, but I then hurt my right arm and then bashed my ankle, which swelled up and is still very bruised. I am fine though, thank you.

Still very hot and humid here today. No rain or thunderstorms reached here, so plenty of watering in the garden has been necessary.

It is our wedding anniversary today, but I have just cancelled the restaurant table that my OH had booked for tonight, as I really don't want to sit in a crowded restaurant in this heat and I don't eat so much when it is so humid.

Son and his wife made a 'face time' call this morning, which lasted for one and a half hours. They have been in India for ten days so there was plenty to talk about.

Daughter was visiting us today, but after she sat in a traffic jam for nearly two hours, I told her to turn around at the first opportunity and to return home.

I was so sorry to see that poor Ceri died. I have been following that nest so closely.

Need to go back and read all your posts now.

• Hello Brenda,  Good to 'see' you back. Whatever have you been doing to yourself?

Glad you say you are fine. I have missed your interesting posts.

Best Wishes for your anniversary. Look after yourself.

• Lindybird,  I like your robin. Can't understand how it is fixed, though. Does it balance?

I know what you mean about less gardens, and more commercial outlets at the Show. That is the way they all seem to be going.

I remember several years ago (old person alert)! taking the children to school, hopping onto a tube, and buying a ticket for Chelsea at the gate. I don't remember much of a queue,

I had a lovely time, able to see everything. There was a flower arranging marquee then, which I thought was fascinating. I was back in time to collect children from school.

I also go for your style of dress. I saw a frothy hat at Chelsea once (it was raining at the time). Interesting seeing what other folks wear, and think is suitable though.

• Hello, there.  Painting finished!  Won’t try to rush back into that room tonight; we want to clean everything and sort as we put things back – or not, if I decide to have a flinging spree!  Still having changeable weather; quite grey but warm and dry today, so OH is watering various container plants.  J arrived chez second sister yesterday and seems to be enjoying his break.

Linda – pleased you had a good (sensibly dressed!) day at Tatton.  I really like your Robin – how high up is it on its pole?

Heather – sounds like a busy few family days for you.  Enjoy your Granddaughter’s birthday tomorrow.

Annette – I hope your family arrived in the correct numbers and sequence and you are all having a good time together!

Brenda – welcome back!  We did miss you.  Do take care of your various injuries and keep yourself well for that wedding!  Sorry you didn’t feel up to any anniversary celebrations today, but I am sure you will have enjoyed some relaxation together.

I think we have a few tweaks to do on the church website and Facebook page, then the big job begins with the monthly newsletter to be done for next weekend, but we shall go out for another cream tea tomorrow afternoon!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Pleased to hear you've finished the painting, OG. 

Brenda -  Sorry you've been ' in the wars' so much and hope it's all mending now. Happy Anniversary to you both for today. Hopefully you can celebrate on a different day.

Rosy - Yes, the pole has a small cup at the top. Into this there is a knob at the base of the branch,  which fits loosely, and balances. OG - it's about 3 & a half feet high.