Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 July 2016

Happy New Week and Happy Full Moon on Tuesday!

• Diane - glad you seem to have solved your computer problems.

AQ - glad you enjoyed your lunch etc out, what the OH does you can match, lol.  Yes, Tour de France is great, all that lovely scenery.

Lindy, glad the christening went well.

HeatherB , thanks for all your news.

Managed a swim today but pool was busy so didn't do as many as I wanted. Will try again on Thursday.  

Take care all.

• OG - Hope you don't have to be on two sticks for long. It's always good when the ceiling only needs one coat!  Eagle Eye has certainly been busy!  Sorry the cottage didn't turn out to be as expected. 

Lynette - You seem to do well with keeping up with the swimming.  Sounds nice and cool for today!

Getting ready to pop back home tomorrow, hopefully not in the rain.

• OG: Hate to think of you struggling through the day; do hope you feel better and better.  A shame about the cottage, but not unusual that the reality falls short of the hope. Still, there will be others.

Lynette: Will the pool empty out once school opens again or was it just the hot temps that brought the crowds?

Spent the afternoon at a City Council Meeting that involved funding for our local library. Lots of talk with more talk to come (not sure how much actual cash will follow!), but library users were there in force and not likely to go away.

Granddaughter and Ms. D arriving Thursday so lots of shopping, organizing on tomorrow's To-Do list.  

Stay cool all! (Or warm in Oz).

• Well, we survived a hot night with the thunder rumbling around, and coming back again. The rain really hammered on the roof!  Luckily Bonnie does not seem too worried by the bangs - possibly because the breed is "working dog".

Annette - We have similar problems here with libraries. Always a target for possible cuts.

Enjoy your family visit.

Hope that OG feels better today.  Hugs to dear Margo.  Brenda - thinking of you.

• Good morning - Lindybird. Is everyone else hiding out in the fridge?

Glad Bonnie had a good night; sounds muggy and uncomfortable there.

• Argh!  Wrote half a page, it seemed, then it wouldn't post....

• Got home a couple of hours ago, and replied to Annettes post half an hour ago......darned thing would not post.

Had a hot and frantic morning trying to make all ready for our little family who will arrive at the weekend. Good journey back, but glad of the air con as very warm again, although not as hot as yesterday.

• Found my sweet peas looking joyful in the garden, having bloomed into a colourful tower in our absence. House very warm after being shut up tight for a couple of days. First lot of laundry about to come out of the washer, and my OH has gone off to check on the allotment.

• Glad that you enjoyed your time away, LINDY! I'm not surprised that your house was hot upon your return. I love sweet peas. We haven't grown any this year, for no particular reason.

ANNETTE - If there was a fridge large enough I might have hidden in it. Last night we were woken by loud thunderclaps at about 3.30am. After that a spectacular thunderstorm, which moved around. The rain was as heavy as we have ever had, here, and I was very surprised that our flowers were still standing this morning. Anyway, a lot of rain today, so I'm glad that the back grass was cut yesterday! I won't call it a 'lawn' as it surrounds various fruit trees and horror of horrors, has a couple of weeds in it this year which OH has been dealing with. 'Hallyracket', our newish next door neighbour, has let Sheana's garden go to rack and ruin so we know where the dandelions are coming from.

OG - What a shame that the cottage wasn't as nice as J had hoped and that he can't really afford it, anyway. I wonder what other options are available to him, in your area? I don't think that I would be able to live happily with any of my offspring now that they have had their independence. OH's daughter in law is finding out the hard way, that once your children leave home and establish their own routines and food preferences it is harder for all concerned to live together. in her case, it is when they return home during university holidays.

LYNETTE - Keep going with the swimming :-) Good to hear from you.

Hope everyone else is OK -