Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 July 2016

Happy New Week and Happy Full Moon on Tuesday!

• Annette and anyone interested: SpaceX will launch a Falcon 9 rocket to resupply the International Space Station tonight at
    9:45 p.m. in California
    12:45 a.m. in eastern U.S.
    5:45 a.m. tomorrow morning in U.K.

They will also try to land the 1st-stage rocket booster back on Earth.

Watch here. Info here.

• Heather: Thanks for clarifying.

Diane: Will keep an eye out for the SpaceX launch tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

• Yup! Wasn't that extraordinary?!!! I can't believe they nailed that landing.

• Landing was spectacular. THese folks are so smart!!!

OK. Off to bed.

• Hi, all.

I appear to have solved my computer problems. I bought a new keyboard and mouse on Friday, and have just installed them. I think my old ones weren't fully compatible with Windows 10. So I should be able to post a little more often now. Please forgive any unanswered posts or emails. Between computer issues and working, I've been distracted. 

I've completed the rough draft for my project, but I still have a couple of tables to submit right away. Then I can breathe for a bit.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

• After a couple of freezy nights (down to 2-3 C), today was warm & sunny reaching 18 C. Friend collected me this morn for coffee & cake at Henley Square, followed by lunch. Sea was a lovely blue. Lots of chatter! Since OH was also out to lunch, it will be soup for tea, before getting settled for another trip via Tour de France.

• AQ: I'm glad your knee is progressing well. Wonderful! I'll send you some very warm air later this week, so get ready. We will be trapped under a bad heat dome for a while. I'll send heat to Heather. OG, and the others in Scotland, too.

• I had a couple of replies I wanted to remember to make when my computer was healed.

Brenda: I hope you're feeling better and your back is improving. Sending you healing energy.

Lindy: I hope you have safe travels and enjoy the christening. Good luck with Windows 10. You should be fine for what you use the computer for.

dibnlib: You will win our race to 60 years old. I don't turn 60 until next year. :-)))

Eagle-Eye: Nice to see you!

Heather: I'm glad that Amy was okay. I love the idea of the stuffed lion.

OG: I saw your comment to me about people worldwide not following traditional political theories. I think there's only one political truth: The world is ruled by money, guns, and lawyers.  :-)

Annette: Microsoft is going to start charging a subscription fee for Windows 10, but only the Enterprise version (the business version), not the operating system that individual consumers like us use (at least not yet).

Like you, I also watched the Watergate hearings live. I was in high school and taking a typing course in summer school. I would rush home from typing every day to watch the hearings on TV. I'd burst into the room covered in perspiration from running all the way home. LOL

I think you will do a great job at your new wildlife volunteer gig. Good for you for signing up.

Lynette and Rosy: Hello to you both.  

Everyone have a great week.

• Hello!  We arrived OK yesterday after a good journey here, with little traffic.  Thoroughly enjoyed the family Christening, which was very chatty, and the babe was in "cute" mode throughout - photos another day. After the service, all decanted to the Village Hall, where we drank Pimms (yum!) And ate lots of home made goodies. Then a toast to the babe in a speech by the new daddy who is obviously thrilled with his daughter. Happily the sun came out and the younger children present were able to play outside on the grass, where of course all the boys stained their best clothes.

All started breaking up late afternoon, so we shot home, changed, walked the dog, had a cuppa and threw everything into the car. Tired to bed last night after chatting to our neighbours here till bedtime.....

Diane - so happy to read that you sorted out your pc problems: hope all goes well now.

AQ - Looks like we will finally get some of your warmth, as warm weather predicted today plus a heatwave over the whole of UK tomorrow, followed by thunderstorms Wednesday.  I'm hoping we can stay here until Wednesday so that we can enjoy tomorrow.