DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Fledging Day for EJ's 25th chick, Willow, was yesterday, at age 54 days old, all captured by our online team! In addition, we have reports and pics from MaryGK and Granny Smith direct from the VC. Exciting times, with photos of the whole family in one tree. All to get us prepared for the looming prospect of ENS. VC is now switching cam views from the nest to the tree for our viewing pleasure (blog from Chris). Also a blog from Sarah anticipating ENS.

However tonight, for now we can feast our eyes on the two brothers sharing a nest together in true fraternity.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Oh dear, I can't post in RF... now trying to C&P in plain text box.

===

Great start to the day, CC!

Unknown said:
    However tonight, for now we can feast our eyes on the two brothers sharing a nest together in true fraternity.

I was so delighted to see that sight when I woke up a moment or two ago <3

What a lovely day yesterday was (especially with the contributions from the very LG site!), even tho I didn't get the fledge.  It was marred only by me collapsing from mental exhaustion after spending about 2 hours trying to increase the volume on a little clip of the two boys calling to each other, Willow on the nest and Rowan from a tree.  Still not succeeded.

IMAGICAT

• Awwww....scylla - I'm sorry you are having struggles. It's so addictive since the sense of ultimate triumph over technology is such a delirious high. But I also missed the fledge. Morning for me was too late. BUT, Willow's fledge was simply a step off the edge of the nest - no muss no fuss, just as we thought it would be. :)

BUT. It also would be a wonderful record to have of the two calling to each other. :-*

• Rowan is having a hard time sleeping tonight.

• Awwww that's really sweet to see both boys on the nest.Thanks CC for starting the day off and all the updates.I missed Willow fledging but it was nice to see the pictures of it.EJ and Odin have been brilliant parents. Be sad to seem them go.Off to bed now so night night to all and sleep well gorgeous boys.xx

• Good morning, TWINKLE - a pleasant surprise to see you here so late :-)

I did record the fledge, CC, but on the Carnyx screen capture the crucial second was buffered out !!!  C'est la vie ;-)

IMAGICAT

• Thru the night so far.

Willow zonked:

Willow still zonked:

Willow's eye opens?

BIG stretch:

Back to sleep, Rowan alert:

Rowan had been looking Odinwards up to just before the last two snaps - but I won't bother to prove it, as it involves back-of-head snaps ;-)

IMAGICAT

• Very little movement until... another big stretch, in daylight :-)

Rowan seems to have been the less sleepful of the two - he just got up and sat right down again:

IMAGICAT

•     Rowan just got up and flew off.

• Now I'm in a panic cos they're getting going.

Yet another big stretch!

DAYCAM 0359hr:

IMAGICAT

• Hiya, CC - I'm on it but daren't stop the recording yet in case I miss another take-off.

Rowan is calling...

IMAGICAT