WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 10, 2016

Happy New Week all.

• I'm delighted for Gordon Reid as well - not only triumphing in the wheelchair doubles but also winning the inaugural singles.  A good sporting weekend for Scotland!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• ChrisyB: Don't think I've ever seen him smile that much. Even Lendel was caught with a sort of smile!

• I don't think smiling comes very naturally to Lendl - it's a shame as he had a gorgeous smile in his youth.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• An exciting afternoon! Hope that you enjoy your platter of continental meats, DIBNLIB.

• Four titles in the bag for Britain today at Wimbledon - add that to Silverstone ... Not bad for a small group of islands!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Well done Andy and of course Heather, Gordon and Jordan. Really enjoyed all the tennis today. A three set winner for Andy makes it sound easy, but it was a nail biting 3 sets.  I laughed when Sue Barker asked him if there would be a pic of his daughter with the trophy?. I should think that highly likely as there were pics of their 2 border terriers with his Olympic medals. Not a footie fan so no more sport for me today.

We have a friend coming over from Fochabers tomorrow. We will have coffee at Tiso, then go to see the mini Kelpies which are here till the 23rd. Lunch at home will be couscous with king prawns, asparagus and lime and afterwards hope the weather stays dry so we can walk Benson in the woods. We haven't seen her since December so looking forward to a good catch up.

• Hmmm. Well I'm watching Portugal play France in Paris.  Feel really guilty having spent so much time in front of the television these last three days.  I need to get more oranges off the tree.

• Hello, we're home again after a day which has flown by.  Had to leave before the end of Murrays match, so I missed the best bit, really! :-(  But OH wanted to get home & see the football Final.  When I did see Murray, this afternoon, it was after the end of the F1 Motor Racing, and then it was interspersed by our Youngest wanting to see the French Cycling Tour de France!

Ho hum, at least I got to play with Matthew for a while - he is, as I have remarked before, a happy child.  It was dry, so we went into the garden where he enjoyed picking up the windfall apples and examining the plants at his eye level now he's trotting around on his own feet.

As OG says, not a bad day today for the UK! Pleased for Heather Watson.

• I absolve you from any guilt,ANNETTE!

Lunch sounds good, DIBNLIB.

Thinking about DIANE and her deadline.

OH now watching the football and eating chocolates. Permission granted since he ate all of his dinner :-))

• Glad that you enjoyed your day, LINDY.

AQ- winter nights :-( Good to read that you are cooking again and filling up the freezer with pasties etc. I have just started reading The Riddle of the Sands. It will take a wee while to get used to the writing style of 100+ years ago but enjoying it so far. I see that the film version is on YouTube.