WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 10, 2016

Happy New Week all.

• ANNETTE   I noticed it and picked it up on a leaf, hoping it would fly away. OH was the braver one as I wouldn't have walked home with it in my pocket.

OG  pleased you are happy with your Grandsons engagement.

• www.wwt.org.uk/.../webcam

Great post from Caerlaverock news and live camera above.  Two chicks - one male one female - ringed and TAGGED!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• DIANE   wonder who gets to 60 first. My birthday is 7th Oct.   Life feels pretty unstable here at the mo....lets hope things stabilise soon.

• AQ   Good news, well done for doing the exercises.

• OG. Thank you for the link. How strange that they have named one of the chicks after Sir Peter Scott and Alan reports one at Slimbridge today!

• MIKE - I like it that Ospreys are celebrating 70 years of WWT.  I know they aren't strictly-speaking water birds, but they do survive on a diet of fish from the water!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Morning all: Intriguing reading from over the Pond. Listening to Eddie Mair's PM program on Radio 4 right now getting analysis.  In the meantime, Trump is leading Clinton in a new poll here - small wonder given her E-mail debacle. God, what a crowd.  But onward and upward.

AQ: Congrats on your gold star from the doc!  If you're not careful, you'll be back to Nanny Duty before you know it.  Sounds like it's Crazy Politics time Down Under too.  Are the stars in some kind of weird alignment I wonder...

Lindybird: "A pox on your house" is another way of looking at the global situation - seems like a highly contagious germ. :-)  Or is it  :-(

Off to Wildlife Center today to get a feel for the Hot Line experience and to see if it might work for me....

• ANNETTE - I will have to catch up on your politics, maybe tonight. Last night was all about ours! Let us know about the Hot Line stuff :-)

OH busy this afternoon. I had to chuckle. I have been a bit critical lately about his chopping of this and that, even though he is the garden boss. He appeared in the house (I was busy doing inside things) and asked if I would be 'averse' to him chopping down a certain shrub. Not sure if he was being polite or what!! It got chopped, anyway. Good gracious, if I stand still long enough I will get chopped down also....

• Evening all:

Heather: Don't bother about keeping up with our politics. It's really not worth the aggro. Just listen for yelps of despair from across the Pond!  Hot Line try out was good; I "shadowed" a lady to get the routine down. We had calls about a Tern on the beach with a damaged wing,; a Red-Tailed Hawk that the caller was concerned had been poisoned, a sickly Coyote pup, a Possum that was trapped under someone's house, a Canary that showed up in someone's garden (not wildlife so we referred her to another organization), a bird that had flown into someone's window and wasn't doing well more than an hour later, and someone who wanted to know how a snake they'd brought in was doing. Relevant rescuers were dispatched in some cases; callers brought birds to center in other. Must say the resource handbook/volunteer contact lists could do with a major update judging from the multiple deletions and scribbled additions; will have to see about that at some point.

Otherwise, a fairly reasonable day.

Have a good Friday all.

• Morning everyone. Loved the photos of Bonnie the other day Lindy and just about to go and read everyone's news. On my walk to work yesterday I spotted a mini Kelpie.  Here he is.