WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 10, 2016

Happy New Week all.

• Have a good weekend, All.  Hope all those ailing, especially Brenda and her painful back, feel better soon.

Just got interrupted by a phone call from someone asking me about our heating system -  I was so cross, I replied "No, we don't have any, we just burn the furniture when we get cold......"

• LMAC   Well done for getting those garden pics of the deer.

LINDY   Enjoy the christening and your Welsh break.

It seems we are all going to get a nice couple of days next week,Hurrah.

• Our Eldest made us a flying visit :  he's been in the area but stayed with a friend last night.  He had lunch with us, and then attacked a whole lot of issues I've had with the various Internet devices I have.   He recommended that I take up the offer to update to Windows 10 (Argh!) so now I'm hoping I can still cope.......

He also sorted out my mobile phone which has been doing weird things, LOL!!

• AQ: I think I'd rather have them ask than never look at you once during the transaction. I try to be nice to the young people at Trader Joe's - mostly college kids who are always chirpy (and why not with not a wrinkle or an ache between them!) - because I don't want them to think I'm a cranky old bat.

Lindybird: That sounds like a nice drive. Enjoy and hope the weather is nice for you. I've heard rumors that Windows 10 updates stop being free (at least here) on July 31.  Mine updated without my permission but really, no issues, and I've opted for my old desktop rather than the new blocky-graphic look.

Went for nice walk this morning (May Gray and June Gloom have turned into July Wheretheheckisthesun?) But sky will clear by 11 for lovely afternoon. Then came home, spent some time checking the tiresome irrigation nozzles, then finally came back into the house for breakfast only to find I'd managed to track giant blobs of cat poo across the kitchen floor. Lots of sweary words! Nothing like washing the kitchen floor first thing!  :-(  

I see Trump and Nice have bumped Turkey off the online front pages of various news organizations. Wonder what we'll be reading about at dinner time. Will the Queen announce her retirement? Will Switzerland declare war on everybody? Will pigs fly? Nothing surprises me anymore...

• Windows 10 is still a pain for me after almost a year.  My computer works at the speed of a centipede with a wooden leg.  But some things are better ... give me time and I'll try to remember what they are!

• I was really worried about Windows 10 but seem to manage OK with it after it installed itself one day! I had gone to bed having forgotten to switch my computer off.

Amy is here, Callum brought her about 5pm and ended up having his evening meal here, with us, before heading home to get ready to meet his girlfriend. OH enjoyed their company, as always. Lots of laughter which he enjoys. His own grandchildren are so nice but so very quiet and he does struggle as they never initiate conversation and just reply to questions. They both take after their mum and her family. There are a few shy people in my extended family so I am used to that, but OH comes from a family who are chatty with the typical dry Aberdeenshire humour.

• Hi, all.  Yesterday’s gloom did not bring the thunder I thought I could feel in the air, but we did have a short burst of what I call “thundery rain”, of the stair-rods variety.  It actually seemed to dry up in the night and has been a lovely day, with lots of gardening jobs finished off.  I managed to help some of the time, and have only yelped twice when I can’t get out of a chair since!  This afternoon I rested by freezing Herbs, and then we did three bags of courgettes too.  Another new crop today – started on beetroots: ground to pan and cooled for the table in one afternoon!  Farmers’ Market was rather short of regular stalls today, but we bought what we went for and had a good chat with our Butcher, although we don’t need to buy from her at Lockerbie market now that she has a lovely shop in Annan.

Lmac – how wonderful to have Deer as close as your own garden – and get such good photos of them.

Lindy – pleased the Dogs had a good day, and hope the jam-making was early enough not to be plagued by wasps.  I hope the Christening goes well, and you enjoy your time in Wales, as well as getting ready for the family there.  Loved your reply to those pesky heating telesales people!  Sounds as if your Son’s brief visit was very useful for tech help.

Rosy – I expect the Goslings (and maybe any potential Ducklings) were taken by a Pike in the river.  We saw a huge Pike in the lake when we went to Belton House, and the Ducks there seemed to be without Ducklings.

Heather – I think I got the day wrong for Amy’s sleepover – hope you are having a lovely evening with her.  Pleased your OH enjoys time with the young ones too.

J finished his ironing today, so will pack tomorrow.  He will also be finding his own lunch, as summer cream teas at the village churches are happening again, so the two of us have opted to have that at the start of the afternoon instead of lunch – but shall come home to make dinner.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Heather - nice to hear about laughter in the house, always a good medicine, even when we arn't ailing.  I've got my fingers crossed for Windows 10 as I don't use my pc for all the various things it will do.  My Eldest works in IT and is a whizz on the pc but I miss him now he lives so far away, even though my OH offered to pay someone to come in & sort me out. I would have felt rather pathetic with a stranger!  

Pat -  Sorry you've been having probs with Windows 10.  I don't think you're the only one! I've heard lots of people say it.

OG -  Nice to go to a Farmers Market and enjoy a poke around. We find the stallholders are only too pleased to tell you about their produce. I like the free samples!  See that youre on production line again for the freezer!  Very few wasps around here, yet. Enjoy your cream tea.

• Thanks for all your news.

LMac - what a lovely thing to see first thing

• Lindy - looks as though Bonnie enjoyed herself in the wet.

Not been too bad down here.  Muggy with cloud and sunshine today.  Afraid I hardly ever wear tights even in the winter - goes back to when I use to work in our local chippy, could never wear tights or trousers as became too hot. Always a skirt.Just a snippit of useless info.

Have a lovely weekend all.