WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 10, 2016

Happy New Week all.

• Good Morning.  A seriously grim day for the French after yesterday's terrible events:  your heart goes out to the many families affected.

I was staying up late, waiting for my OH to return from going out, when the news started coming in. In the end, we stayed up to beyond midnight to hear about what was going on.

• Thanks for posting the Kelpie, Lmac - looks wonderful.

• The problems France has with continuing terrorist attacks is devasting, atrocious and extremely worrying. The south of France hit at prime tourist and celebratory times is just awful.

• Shocking news from France.

I had a lazy day sitting in sun in bay window sewing a trillion pieces of knitted clowns. Still a trillion more bits to put together <sigh> I just popped a homemade chicken pie in oven. And yes I have managed one session of exercises today, maybe another after tea.

• Decent weather this morning, but unfortunately don't think it will stay that way for a friend cycling from Drum to Oban today (over 80 miles). He is en route to Lands End!!!! 

• Hello all -

Dreadful news from France. I started to look at the pictures online and just couldn't continue.

ANNETTE - Your Hotline day sounds very very interesting. You will have the paperwork up to date in no time if I know anything.

AQ - Chicken pie sounds good - you will enjoy it even more than usual, having been without it for a while :-) As for knitting clowns - I admire your patience!

I'm operating a triage system here today. Youngest daughter suffering from appendix pain and nausea (her OH is working away from home at the moment) OH's daughter has had some kind of seizure according to her OH; and a request to have granddaughter Amy for a sleepover tomorrow. Did our usual Friday shop this morning. The checkout girl smiled brightly and asked me if I had any plans for the weekend...

DIBNLIB - still dry here as you will know. I haven't checked the weather radar yet but hope your friend has a dry journey.

• Lindy, that sculpture is beautiful.

AQ - know what you mean about your knee, it does stay tender for a while. Also I am more wary now of tripping or falling.  Keep on with your exercises.  Glad you were able to have a long hot bath. At least I was able to have a shower as I was given a special leg cuff to put on so I was able to take a shower almost immediately.

Not a big sports fan but did watch on and off the Men's final in tennis.  Have also got engrossed with this years Tour de France.

Lindy - nice to see fields back to their natural state.

• LINDY   I read that Anton Du Bec is taking over from Len Goodman.

ANNETTE   That sounds like a very interesting and worthwhile session.

I can't remember when the swimming pool at DW Fitness Club has been so busy. I did 30 lengths and that was more than enough. A friend was swimming at the other side and was giving me a "What on earth is this all about" look. Anyway I met her for coffee after and the pool had got much quieter before she left.

Well, as expected the rain has come on steady, so there may not be an afternoon walk for our rain shy dog. I'll offer and see what happens.

• Eagles are illegally killed to protect grouse stocks. Please sign the petition in my signature. We have 2 months to get 43K to get a debate in parliament.

• Alan - signed - thanks for reminder.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!