DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Yesterday's captures from MaryGK, BNN, on-the-spot reporter! (With thanks and hugs also to MaryGK!)

...plus we had reports from Fergus and from Nimrod at the VC! We hope to have the cam restored in time to witness the looming fledgings.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• And thanks MIKE for your contact with FH! I'm glad Fergus has had a word with WillRow. It just remains to be seen if they forget or not. :-P  At least the camera has been delivered and the hunt for the adaptor is underway. Fingers crossed for the staff! xo

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Thank you FERGUS

Clever Willow I hope they will take note about not fledging yet

• Hello Everyone

Thanks very much Fergus for your witty update, it really is so much appreciated by everyone to know what is happening with both the webcam and on the nest. 

I don't think Willow and Rowan will have done much flapping in the last hour as it has been raining quite heavily, well it has here in GRANTOWN, and by the looks of the sky towards Loch Garten it will be no different there.   So I would think "rain has definitely stopped play" for a wee while. 

I will probably be visiting tomorrow again, so hopefully will have some more photos to post of our two handsome boys, by that I mean Willow and Rowan. :-)

Fingers crossed that the webcam is up and running by then as I know withdrawal symptoms are being felt LOL. 

• MaryGK said:
    I will probably be visiting tomorrow again, so hopefully will have some more photos to post of our two handsome boys, by that I mean Willow and Rowan. :-)

I thought you meant Fergus and Nimrod :)

MaryGK said:
    Fingers crossed that the webcam is up and running by then as I know withdrawal symptoms are being felt LOL. 

You wouldn't believe how much.

• Thanks Fergus, at least we know its not our computers but the cam at fault.  Glad to see they are exercising well but hopefully won't fledge till back on air!!

• LOL Mary!  Although you could well be referring to Fergus and Chris!  It is not often I say I am glad it's raining, but on this occasion perhaps it is permitted, although I hope it isn't spoiling your day, Mary.  Have a great tie tomorrow.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• LOL Sheila.    The rain has stopped now, so it could be back to helicoptering for Rowan and Willow.  

• moffer said:

I thought you meant Fergus and Nimrod :)

MaryGK said:

You wouldn't believe how much.

[/quote]

LOL Moffer, yes they are handsome too, but I didn't want to post that :-)

• Just checking to see if we are up and running again(sadly not)!  Great that we're getting updates from the staff and "roving reporters" aka MARY and BNN, but I really miss all the fantastic posts, pics and videos that normally appear here. Hope you all know how much your hard work is appreciated. xx

• Hey guys, Fergus again. That's it at LG for the day, evening staff are taking over. Just to update you on the end of the day. The weather did close in a bit and EJ spent part of the afternoon sheltering both chicks and then prioritised Willow as the soggiest and sat on him. There was still a bit of flapping going on (more to dry the feathers than to hover over the nest!). There had been little sign of Odin and there had been no more fish brought in since the two this morning. Our 360 degree camera is also out of action due to the damp and he may have been keeping dry out the back of the nest; who knows! Lets hope weather clears and Odin gets an evening fishing session under way. Until tomorrow. Hope you are all faring well without the webcam for now.

Fergus  ;)

Site Manager (People), RSPB Abernethy National Nature Reserve