WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 3, 2016

Welcome to a new week.  Hope ALL the familiar faces will show up this week!  :-)

Go back to page 8 of the previous thread to see Mike's link to the question: How do you free a Golden Eagle caught up in a very high tree without the use of a ladder?   Page 9 shows Bowie posing for his closeup.  OG and EE are busy shooting at cats and cheering on Housemartins in the midst of home repairs (the birds that is). 

Brenda: Well, there always seems to be one lavender bush that I missed!  I have to tidy them up and take off all the dead blooms once during the summer, then in the winter, I whack 'em all back by a third. Trouble is, they're all getting old and woody.  

OH and I bought tickets to a concert tonight - Jean-Yves Thibaudet is playing Rhapsody in Blue and since the Music Academy is hosting the show, the tickets were super cheap. But now we're looking at each other and thinking we'd rather stay home in our comfy togs and relax. But no. Must hose off and rise to the occasion.

Was amazed that Djokovich got knocked out at Wimbledon so early. Shocker!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Hello Everyone,

I have been rather occupied for the last couple of weeks. D in L and G'daughter returned from visiting other grandparent, and stayed here for a few more days. They have now returned to Cincinnati. Sad that they live far away.

Several hospital trips with OH. Also, visit from long lost nephew.

We went to a lovely Independence Day party on 4th, hosted by our American friends. We waved large sparklers from the balcony in lieu of fireworks!

Enjoyed reading everyone's news. Good to see Margo's post.

Glad OG was busy cleaning freezers today, and not too unwell to post.

We have our neighbours summer party tomorrow, which I am helping to organise.

I have been busy dusting off tables and chairs.

No rain today, or forecast for tomorrow. We are not far as the crow flies from Wimbledon, When it rains there, we know it will start here soon, or vice versa.

• OG:  The cliff is only a bluff really, and only a couple of feet high with a lot of small boulders and smaller round stones heaped against it, leading down to firm sand - she could have jumped down it if she'd a mind to. She only comes when called if she wants to, or if she thinks my OH will walk away and leave her behind!

We are off to the Midlands tomorrow, to see Youngest and family. We will be seeing our Eldest and wife with Amber when they come to stay with us at the end of the month, as they are going to a wedding.  We've not seen them since Easter.

I'm glad you're alright and not having 'turns'..

• Hi, Rosy - I remember your saying that you had visitors. Hope you've enjoyed yourselves - the 4th July sounds fun.

• Ps - Bonnie is recovering from her cough, and not coughing as much now. We've 5 days of anti-bios for her, just to make sure.

Lmac - She is not over fond of water or swimming - which makes a change as all our other dogs in the past have jumped straight in. It's a surprise as, as you say, Spaniels usually love water. She doesn't mind getting soaked in the rain, though!