WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 3, 2016

Welcome to a new week.  Hope ALL the familiar faces will show up this week!  :-)

Go back to page 8 of the previous thread to see Mike's link to the question: How do you free a Golden Eagle caught up in a very high tree without the use of a ladder?   Page 9 shows Bowie posing for his closeup.  OG and EE are busy shooting at cats and cheering on Housemartins in the midst of home repairs (the birds that is). 

Brenda: Well, there always seems to be one lavender bush that I missed!  I have to tidy them up and take off all the dead blooms once during the summer, then in the winter, I whack 'em all back by a third. Trouble is, they're all getting old and woody.  

OH and I bought tickets to a concert tonight - Jean-Yves Thibaudet is playing Rhapsody in Blue and since the Music Academy is hosting the show, the tickets were super cheap. But now we're looking at each other and thinking we'd rather stay home in our comfy togs and relax. But no. Must hose off and rise to the occasion.

Was amazed that Djokovich got knocked out at Wimbledon so early. Shocker!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Good Morning, All. Tipping it down, here.  We were going to visit the family today but put it off till tomorrow after seeing the forecast.

Annette - People are so stupid, sometimes (re the ducklings). The same happens here with the deer, and the deer park has had to put a notice on the gate warning visitors to leave the little ones alone.

• Dear All

3 weeks has flashed by again, time seems to go so quickly. Thanks for the mentions always  appreciated and comforting to me.

Last  week saw a visit to the hospital every day except Wednesday. Had a blood test on Monday in readiness for Consultant visit Tuesday. Late afternoon I had a call from the hospital to say I needed a platelt transfusion. Count was very low as as I thought because I am covered in bruises. This was done before appointment with Consultant which was supposed to be early afternoon. To save me returning in the afternoon they slotted me in at the end of the morning. Current regime re blood transfusions will continue at 3 weekly intervals. Back to the hospital for cross match Thursday and  on Friday had 3 units of blood. Difficult to find a vein by this time so they had to use a vein on back of my hand which is more painful. Will start to feel better again after a couple of days. Again I have to say the care I receive is just excellent.

Prior to last week we managed 4 eating out experiences. 2 full Engish breakfast. 1 lunchtime snack and an evening meal. Snack and evening meal at the same pub very local to us. Have passed this pub endless times but after reading Trip,Afvisor decided to try it out. So pleased we did as the food is excellent. So good we have already booked for next Saturday and taking sister and OH with us. Once I feel strong again we are going to take a ride in the country and see what other gems we can find.

OH is so much more relaxed now. Think he found it difficult at first but he realises now that he does not have to fit so much into each day. He belongs to a local film society and is off to see a film tonight. It is local so he will not be far away.. I think it will be good for him to get away and have a break. I wii be just fine for a couple of hours and if needed I would only have to phone him. He has also decided that he wants to cook more, something he had never had time for.

Managing to watch a lot of Wimbledon in between sleeping, hopefully I will stay awake for the final tomorrow.

Keith although the past weeks have been so very sad it must be wonderful to his loved he was. Hopefully his Estate will be sett soon rather than later. This always seems to take a whike unfortunately.

Lindy so pleased you have at llong last started to feel better. Bugs like that are particularly unpleasant. Lovely photos of the crows and of course the one and only Bonnie. Hope her sore throat gets better and you manage to get them down her with the help of peanut butter.

OG  once again you have been on the move and filling up every day. Hope you managed some sleep last night.

Heather Callum really grown up and complete with girlfriend. It would seem your OH is realising that he is just fine.

Annette hope you will be able to volunteer doing what you like to do.

Diane hope your project is going well.

Brenda so pleased you sorted out the parking situation, what a cheek.

Better finish now as OH will be back with the shopping and even though a list is prepared by me I do like to see if he has got any extras.

have a good weekend all and take care.

Love Margo x

• Margo it is great to hear from you and to learn that you have managed to enjoy some trips and meals out.

• Hello all -

MARGO - good to see you! Thanks for keeping us up to date with everything. Is your OH a good cook? I can imagine that ready meals get boring after a while. You can supervise :-)

ANNETTE - I suppose that folk who don't understand wildlife would think that the ducklings were abandoned, but so sad.

OG - I don't know what form your bad turns take, just take care and hope that you did manage a better sleep last night.

LINDY - has the rain stopped yet? I looked at the weather radar on my PC and it seems as if we might get heavy rain later today. None yet, though. Safe journey tomorrow and enjoy your time with the family.

My OH is having his after lunch snooze. He wants to cut the front grass. We'll see what the weather says. I seem to have heard him say many times, lately, 'a blink before a drink'. That is, of course, when we have blue sky but he knows that rain is coming.

Our Danish friends have commenced their annual four week summer holiday. They are starting by going to North Germany to see the area where one of their favourite books is set. The book, 'Riddle of the Sands' was published donkeys years ago and set in 1901 (I think!). I think Erskine Chalders was the author.

I have it on my Kindle but haven't read it yet.

• Great to come onto the thread and see a post from dear Margo.  So pleased you've managed some nice foody outings, and hoping for some more, Margo. Sorry though, that you're getting black and blue from the needles :-(

Your OH might enjoy learning to be a better cook - mine is always happy to hear tips from me, and I even surprise myself with my knowledge sometimes, but suppose I've picked up things as I've gone along during our marriage - when we started out I only knew how to cook eggs,  and cheese on toast!

Heather - the rain poured down here all morning and I had no trouble parking at the shops, as I was one of the few geared up for the damp. It's stopped now and is becoming windy, but will rain again soon, I'm sure. Forecast was bad for the Midlands where our son & family live.

Off to bake a cake for tomorrow, plus keeping one eye on the tennis.

• Ps. As we've not heard from OG, I hope she is OK.

• Morning all:  Coffee, cookie, laptop and Wimbledon. What else does anyone need? The Wimbledon web site so nice. All I have to do is roll the cursor over the UK time on the schedule page to get a pop up box that says "Your time...."  How do they know where I am?  Anyway, Kerber is playing well.

Lindybird: Same report re rain from my sister who went out early when it was dry and got drenched for her troubles.   Yes, I was wondering how OG was doing as well.

Margobird: Always a treat to see your posts. So glad that "they" are taking such great care of you.  What a super way for you and OH to spend your time - discovering new places to eat. I'm sure your OH had a period of readjustment after having so many work responsibilities but it's great that he now has time to enjoy some hobbies.  Wimbledon comes on first thing in the morning here, so my problem is getting up in time.

Heather: Just Googled Riddle of the Sands. Haven't read it but apparently there was a movie in 1979 starring Michael York, Jenny Agutter and Simon MacCorkindale.   I'm currently reading A Nurse Abroad by Anne Watts who spent years in Vietnam, the Arctic and in Oz (Alice Springs) during her years overseas. It starts a bit woodenly (for me) but then gets more interesting,  Twice she's referred to a family trauma, which she has yet to tell us about and I wouldn't mind a little more introspection, but still.....  

Kerber is still playing very well.

• Wow!  That was an amazing match, even though I missed bits at the beginning and middle....  Well done Serena - and not for the first time, either! We had a version of her reciting a very moving poem by Maya Angelou, afterwards.  Glad you get good coverage there, Annette.

I have cake(s) in the oven so must keep an eye on them.  Then must 'do' the colour on my hair which is fast becoming very varied, what with my turning grey beneath, plus still having a little dark part on the crown  and parts of me sunbleached  - a Hamster, my Friend said, LOL!!

• Lindybird: An excellent match. I was rooting for Kerber, who seemed a real match for Serena, but oh well. Went for walk, now keeping an eye on the men's doubles while doing a bit of yard work before the ladies' doubles finals.

• LMAC   I too loved the pic of Bonnie looking out to sea.  Benson  (my cocker) likes the water. My Golden Retrievers positively loved it.

We got back from town in time to see the final set in the mens wheelchair doubles. We enjoyed it very much and it was good to see Brits win. One of them is in the mens wheelchair final tomorrow. We will be watching that before Andys game.