WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 3, 2016

Welcome to a new week.  Hope ALL the familiar faces will show up this week!  :-)

Go back to page 8 of the previous thread to see Mike's link to the question: How do you free a Golden Eagle caught up in a very high tree without the use of a ladder?   Page 9 shows Bowie posing for his closeup.  OG and EE are busy shooting at cats and cheering on Housemartins in the midst of home repairs (the birds that is). 

Brenda: Well, there always seems to be one lavender bush that I missed!  I have to tidy them up and take off all the dead blooms once during the summer, then in the winter, I whack 'em all back by a third. Trouble is, they're all getting old and woody.  

OH and I bought tickets to a concert tonight - Jean-Yves Thibaudet is playing Rhapsody in Blue and since the Music Academy is hosting the show, the tickets were super cheap. But now we're looking at each other and thinking we'd rather stay home in our comfy togs and relax. But no. Must hose off and rise to the occasion.

Was amazed that Djokovich got knocked out at Wimbledon so early. Shocker!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Heather: I'll go to the airshow with you. I'm fascinated by planes - even though I hate to actually fly in them.  I have the same problem with my OH when it comes to Native American events - he grew up being taken to every pueblo and pow-wow within hundreds of miles of his home and says he doesn't need to see any more.  But he worked in aerospace and still loves planes - fighters that is.

Lindybird: Bonnie looks as if she can barely contain herself standing there on the bluff. What a lovely view though.  

• Well John McEnroe has just declared the Murray/Berdych game "painfully one sided," which just about sums it up.

• Poor Berdych. He was clearly out of his league. Maybe next year or the year after....

• BBC just said a demolition job :-)

• Andy was just interviewed after the game and to the question of how was he feeling having got through to the finals, answered, with no expression at all, "Well I'm obviously very happy." :-))  Seriously, the Sunday match should be a good one.  OK, must wake up and get organized.

• HEATHER   We stayed in Cambridge and went to Duxford a few years ago.  Having both served in the RAF ( 6 years for me and 20 for OH) we still enjoy seeing any military aircraft, old and new.

• Yes, the 2nd semi was a little lack lustre. Hope for a nail biting match on Sunday.

ANNETTE   Andy was given some sports award by the Beeb a couple of years ago. Not sure if it was Sports Personality of the Year (which he has won twice) or not. He said how pleased he was and apologised for not sounding so. He said he was sorry but that was just the way his voice was.  I know his face doesn't exactly light up with enthusiasm, but I do think he is a very nice person. He is big on animal charities and that puts him in my good books. Kim (his wife) paints animal portraits and they are really good from what I have seen.

• Not functioning well today - bad tum overnight and continuing - and thunder accompanied last night's rain, so didn't catch up on sleep.  Probably tired enough to sleep through anything tonight!  Have read posts, but can't remember what you all said - except that tennis and Duxford were in there somewhere!  Will try to make a better effort tomorrow.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG hope you are feeling a little more human tomorrow, sleep well.

Should be a great tennis final on Sunday.

Lindy loved your photos especially the beautiful Bonnie. You must post more of her. Does she like the sea. Any expanse of water makes Tapaidh exceptionally happy. We've even had to pull her out of a bog. Think it must be in a spaniels nature.

• dibnlib: Indeed, I mentioned to Heather that I'd seen Andy interviewed at some event where he was very much "at home" and seemed pleased to be there (actually I think it was his home town). He was chatting away to people. He's probably not comfortable being a celebrity; more the retiring type and, as you say, thoroughly decent.

OG: Don't like to hear about bad turns, especially after one sleepless night. Don't worry about us; none of our chat will be kept for posterity!  :-)

Back from Wildlife Center. There are three types of positions including Basic Animal Care, which itself has three levels you have to complete before moving on, Hot Line work, and Administrative stuff, which includes picking up supplies donated by vets and other groups and doing a bit of this and that. However, they are fast-tracking baby bird carers because they need to be fed about every 20 minutes during the day and this is the busy season. I wouldn't mind being involved in the rescue side either, which you can also train for. Have no interest at all in scrubbing out cages!  The Center has recently been inundated by ducklings in a rash of what they call Duckling Abductions, where members of the public come across a flock of baby ducks whose mother has, more than likely, gone off to get food for them. The humans assume the ducklings have been orphaned/abandoned and have been scooping them up and delivering them to the center. Not a happy state of affairs for anyone.