WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey topics) SUNDAY, JUNE 26, 2016

A new week - no posh link to last week's thread I'm afraid, but then again, it may not be worth the aggravation!  :-)

• I'm not being a drama queen, but I was on the point of leaving this thread altogether.  My OH has pleaded with me not to be so upset, and not to burn my boats after being so involved here for so long, so I shall just say that I'm confining my membership of the Site to just keeping up with my beloved ospreys, for the time being.

Take Care, All.

• Linda - I'll miss you if you leave. Perhaps a break will allow things to calm down. I was pleased to  hear from you earlier and I hope my email reached you. I hear kitchen noises so I'd better move nearer the food in case OH thinks I'm not hungry.

• Good Morning Everyone.

Linda, Nobody has to justify, which way they voted, to anybody on here. As an 'old member' of this thread, you must continue to post. You worry too much.
    I have sent you a text.

I will make one comment, if the under 25's are blaming the 'oldies' for the result, why did only 36% of them bother to vote.  ( figures released this morning )

• I don't often contribute to this thread but I must admit if you leave it Linda I for one would be very, very sorry. I think the Referendum led to very polarised views throughout the Country and among family and friends and things have got very heated.  I also think that we should all take a step back now.

I love your poems, photos and tales of your family and of course Bonnie. So as the song says "Baby please don't go."

Kind regards

Jenny

• just to say we are safely back home - now going to Asda, followed by lunch at OTB!

Looks as if strange things happened on here over the weekend - will look back when I have time to update myself!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hello all

The only thing that I would say is that I am very grateful that we have the freedom to express our thoughts and feelings. Undoubtedly it is hard not to take things personally,particularly when feeling impassioned about a cause. We are all entitled to agree or disagree. Rudeness and insults,I find difficult to cope with, especially online, when all that can be seen are the words we write. No body language to read etc etc. There are still places in the world where we would be exterminated for daring to speak our minds.

PS - On here surely there is more that unites us than divides us? Take care, all.
  • Linda - Please don't leave. I myself, am quite political (caucused for Hillary in the first caucus) but never (well, now almost never) say anything on a thread like this one. There are many threads on the internet where one can get into some very nasty discussions but they are anonymous and don't hurt friends and family.

I have "lurked" on this site for many years and feel that I know and love you all. I am sure no one wants you to leave over this!!!

• Linda we all have a difference of views on a multitude of subjects and on here we all have had a rant about a lot of things and to leave about something we do not have a final say about would be wrong as I personally would miss anybody who left this site because I have been here a long time and enjoy all the subjects that are dealt with whether I agree with them or not.

Last week I had a lovely lunch out at the Bay Hotel which is just outside Kinghorn with views across the Forth and a view of the three bridges further up the river. I am looking forward to my visit up north and a visit to see the new ospreys at LG before they start to fly.

Good to see that AQ is not suffering to much after her op and is doing the exercises also hope Margo is feeling better after her top up. Hope everyone else is keeping well.

george g

• Ospreyafishionada: My favorite is Czechout and Remania. In the US, we've come up with names for states that might want to secede (not serious except of course for the ever-predictable Texas), including Tennessee-ya later, Arizohno, Oregone. MissiSeeYa, Coloradieu, Hawai-am-I-here, Out-iana, and the slightly more 'challenged' Massachudonthavetogohomebutyoucantstayhere. etc., etc.

OG: Welcome home; it sounds like you had a lovely time.

Referendum and inherent chaos still making the front pages here. I got the impression things were a lot more polite on here than on some Facebook pages....  

Friend due after lunch; must get organized.