Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey Topics), 12 June 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!!!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Seems like a lot of folks on this thread have been facing adversity of one kind or another. Sending you all best wishes and good energy.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

• Lindy: I got such a laugh out of your wonderful poem. Just spectacular! And, oh, so true! LOL

• Morning all:  Went to the giant rummage sale this morning. They had exactly what I wanted (a lovely old wrought-iron glider for the patio with nice cushions) but of course, it was was one of the few things not for sale.  It figures. :-).

Diane: Thank You! :-))  Ugh to your heat. We have heavy overcast and drizzle with more of the same Sunday.  Do you get a new mower? 

Lindybird: Thanks for clarifying Dame Vera musings...  That's a cute verse for Diane!  I like that the Queen wore that dazzling green outfit and regardless of what I said about hats, Kate looked great in hers.  Oh that's a riot about your OH being downstairs while you were upstairs panicking. :-)

OG: Can't imagine turning up my nose at garden produce.  I'm not sure what our Food Bank rules are regarding fresh produce, but oranges don't seem to be a problem.

dibnlib: Glad you got in touch with bro and that your Mom's favorite carer is back on the job. Let's hope her nail therapy career is slow getting started.

Heather:  Not surprised you made the right decision about your OH's chest pains. I'm sure your past experience with him made all the difference. Anyway, better than sitting in the Emergency Room for hours and hours. Re unexpected guests,  I'm like Lindybird, though I always have lots of yogurt on hand.  Cereal too. :-)

Brenda: We just watched The Lady in the Van - or at least I did. OH found it a bit slow and disappeared after 20 minutes.  I knew it was based on a true story, but had no idea how true. Heartbreaking really.

Lynette: Wow. That was an expensive brake job. :-))  What model is the new car?  But you don't want "everything." You just want a new kitchen. Sounds reasonable to me.

Rained here this morning - really just very heavy drizzle. Amazing.

Off to bed, take care everyone. And yes, it's Sunday.

• LYNETTE   Yes, I dislike black cars too. Ours is silver as well, not my favourite colour ,but it will do.

• Good Morning Everyone.

Went to watch OH play bowls yesterday and a thunderstorm started, with torrential rain. The match was abandoned after ten ends and half time tea, but we still had to wait another hour before we could attempt to walk back home.

Thank you Diane for starting the week. Hope your shopping was successful.

Dibnlib, So pleased that you have had good news about your Mum's carer. You must have some peace of mind now. It is a pity that the carer may be leaving though.

Linda, A lovely, amusing poem for Diane.

Lynette, Enjoy your new car. A lovely surprise for you. Good luck with the new kitchen :-))

Annette, Yes the film was rather slow, but it was so heartbreaking to think that it really did happen. Sorry the glider wasn't for sale.

Heather, Hard to judge sometimes between severe reflux and heart problems. It took the hospital four days to decide that my OH hadn't had a heart attack.

OH left for a bowls match in Eastbourne, at 8.30am this morning.  ( match starts at 10.30am ) These matches can't be abandoned unless thunderstorms become dangerous. He has taken all his wet gear.

Pity that the main  and many local street parties will have storms/ heavy rain. 

• A little brighter here today and Benson was happy to come for his morning walk. Yippee

• We have a village party on the village green this afternoon. Free BBQ for all residents. It is already raining here, so I am not sure what will happen.

• Hello all

BRENDA - What a shame about the weather for your village party. I see that they are expecting rain for the big party on the Mall this afternoon but have promised waterproofs for everyone!

I agree about the reflux disorder. This pain was not accompanied by reflux just very central chest pain with no other symptoms. I know that I took a chance by not contacting anyone and I feel quite worried about that, now. I made him take gaviscon liquid last night before bed (he is prescribed it but never takes it)and kept a packet of dispersible aspirin beside me. OH slept well. He has had so many tests and examinations in the last couple of years, all come back negative, plus cardiac perfusion test was fine. Now, he thinks that he has Parkinson's Disease because he has difficulty keeping his balance at times. Four years ago he went to the GP with exactly the same thing, was prescribed a drug and refused to continue with it after a few days. My dear OH, he is impossible. The only meds he takes regularly are esomeprazole 40mgs for the reflux disorder and simvastatin.

Sorry to ramble on, I don't want to worry the family, it is easy to come on here and say it all! Anyway, a GP appointment will be made, tomorrow.

BBL, hopefully.

• PS -Thank you DIANE, for starting us off.

• Peonies flowered eventually but very late this year

• Been out for a walk, now watching the BBC programme on the Party in The Mall -  apparently it rained earlier but it's now dry. Some of the  younger Royals have arrived on foot and are walking around, shaking hundreds of hands - it's wonderful!