Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey Topics), 5 June 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

No time for a post or replies from me, folks. Really, really busy. I'm sending good wishes to all. Heather: I hope your daughter is improving.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Got a good reply from my bro. It turns out he has been in Blackpool with a client and so missed E mails. He didn't go back over them when he got back home

• DIBNLIB- so good to hear that he wasn't ignoring your messages.

• HEATHER   yes, we were both guilty of thinking he just couldn't be bothered, The great news is that Mums most caring and reliable carer is back at work. She tries to get her last shift of the day with Mum and is happy to overrun her time,. She also won't take no for an answer when it is shower time and waltzes Mum off for a "sing song" in the shower. Unfortunately she has recently done a course in nail therapy and intends to do her care work part time before too long. 

• That is such a shame, DIBNLIB. She sounds as if she is so good at her job. Unfortunately she probably doesn't get a very good wage as a carer and everyone needs to meet their expenses :-( Nail technicians can earn a lot more per hour.

• Heather B said:

Sorry, didn't get around to planned replies today.Very tired. Had a pretty bad night, my OH had chest pain about 2am. He is the world's worst patient and after several night time ambulance jobs over the years - nothing found to be wrong- I feel that I have to try and decide what to do. I asked the appropriate questions and made my own observations. Result - probably connected with his gastro reflux disorder. He fell asleep again but I didn't!! He will make an appointment with his GP on Monday, just to check.( I am a nurse, not a doctor!)He has been bright as a button all day, loved seeing the grandchildren and is currently watching football and shouting at the screen.

How worrying for you, Heather.  You are probably right, though.  When I first got acid reflux my chest hurt, and I was worried that it might be my heart, but they tested me and said I was fine.  I understand when you say you are not sleeping well!  You are probably trying to hear him breathing!  Mind you, I panicked once when my OH wasn't making a sound and found that it was because he had gone downstairs.......LOL!

Hope all is well with you both after a nice day with the family.

• Dibnlib:  Glad you managed to get to talk to your brother, and that all is well with your mother. A good carer is worth their weight in gold, but not paid enough, unfortunately.

My OH is happily watching England play.  I'm doing things with photos etc. on here.

• Yes, LINDY, thanks,, and will try and catch up tomorrow! It was lovely to see the young ones.

• Car has been making a rattling, tinny sound which seemed to suggest something was amiss with the exhaust. OH took it down to his local dealer(Honda) and they said the exhaust needed tightening up and also the brakes needed relining. Well, he took the car down yesterday to be fixed and ended up buying a newer car - well 2 years newer to our 2007 one so going down to the dealers on Monday to have a test drive and put things in motion.   Apparently it is an ex trades car that had just come in, silver in colour which I don't mind at all - as long as its not black, hate the colour. So in due course will be owning a 2009 model. He got the other one when he retired so has upgraded a little.  All I want now is a new kitchen!!!!! and pigs might fly, still can't have everything.