Weekly Chat (non-osprey) - Sunday 22nd May 2016

Such is the chaos the Ying Tong cyber attack has caused that I only just noticed there was no new Weekly Chat!  I don't know how much opportunity we'll get to post on this new thread but at least we can all curse the perpetrators en masse!

Happy New Week!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• yas glad the PM worked. I don't mind posting about my health on the forum as this wonderful group of people have supported me so well through the last few years. It is nice though to have one to one contact via PM's.

• l totally agree with that Margo. Yas

• Goodness!!  Lots of chat on here for a Saturday, usually a quiet day!

Yes, Yas, you can call me Lindy or in fact anything else you like, I answer to most things ;-)  I did photograph one of our garden robins the other day, just before we left home -  I'm in North Wales at the moment as we have a holiday caravan here and come for several days at a time throughout the summer. We live in Cheshire which is 2 hours by car from here. If you look on My Page there's a bit about my scatty life.

Nice to see long posts from you, Margo. Will come back to digest them all later - just now the sun is out and we don't want to miss it. Had a loong walk this morning and need to sit down!

• hi Alan and what a great blue tit photo that is,whats been at the hole?

A good caption maybe "are you looking at me? "  Yas

• Hello Yas, just wear and tear on the paintwork of the box. It has been used before. Our little dog keeps the magpies and crows away.

• Well you have a good dog there alright alan from yas

• Alan: Lovely photos of the Blue Tit. Congratulations on the chicks! I hope you enjoy them.

Yas: Wonderful to see you on the Weekly Chat. Welcome. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Heather: My Dad had a weather station, too. He loved checking it all the time.

AQ: I'm so, so happy that your knee is feeling a bit better. I've been worried about you. I'm so sorry that you have to endure another operation and miss your scheduled trips. But you're tough. You'll heal quickly! Take care and rest.

OG: I so hope you're feeling much better now and can enjoy gardening and your events.

Lynette: Best to your OH. I hope you enjoy returning to the gym and getting back to your routine.

Annette: Great to hear that your orange crop is bountiful this year. The photos of the book store were just stunning. What a quaint, lovely place! Your area is so pretty. We couldn't have that here, because the winds would blow the rain up under the shelters and soak the books.

I also hate Klondike solitaire! It is not "classic". I was so aggravated when Microsoft did away with Titan Chess, which I played when I had Windows 7. Glad you have some baby crows to watch. The hawks and crows here don't get along, either. And the crows are now feeling double-teamed since the big owls returned to my patch.

I'm not a good one to ask about the major changes in Windows 10. I barely used Windows 8/8.1. I kept Windows 7 as long as I could -- because I liked it -- and I upgraded to Windows 10 almost immediately when I had to replace my computer. Then I dismantled just about all the new stuff (like Cortana), so Windows 10 would look like Windows 7. LOL I was careful to change my Windows 10 settings to stop Microsoft's intrusiveness and collecting of my personal data, as much as possible. The corporation is shameless.

Articles on Windows 10 privacy issues: here, here, and here.

Margo: I'm glad that you were able to see your show and visit restaurants. So sorry that things took a downhill swing last week. Always thinking of you. Hugs!

Hi, to Lindy, Heather, Rosy, Clare, and everyone.