Weekly Chat (non-osprey) - Sunday 22nd May 2016

Such is the chaos the Ying Tong cyber attack has caused that I only just noticed there was no new Weekly Chat!  I don't know how much opportunity we'll get to post on this new thread but at least we can all curse the perpetrators en masse!

Happy New Week!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning, All.  Quite a nice weekend forecast for us in UK.

Slept like a log, even tho I only had one glass of white wine with my chish & fips!!

Sorry, Yas, only just realised that we've not seen you before on here: welcome!  Don't worry about spelling and stuff, as long as you enjoy reading and posting. See that you live in a beautiful part of the world.  We are all from all over the UK, (except for Annette & Diane in USA, and AQ in Australia) the luckiest few live near enough to visit Loch Garten - we are all crazy about ospreys!

• Thanks for that welcome and information, lindy can l call you that? for a quick minute thought annette had got up quick!!!

Are you doing much this bank holiday? l'll just be around the garden seeing what nature l can spy, also just started a post about Robin photo's so if you have any favourite ones just add them on Yas

• Welcome from me too, YAS!  

Good morning everyone. Again, a dull start to the day here but hoping that the sun will show his face at some point.

OH has got a new home weather station and for the life of us,we can't get it going. We remembered that eldest son in law fixed up the now defunct one, so have sent an SOS. Truly, I wonder if we need such a thing but it sits on his bedside table and has to be consulted every morning. You could say that he has a mild obsession (!) we have a maximum and minimum thermometer in the conservatory and also outside in the 'sittooterie'.

OG and LINDY- good that you enjoyed your suppers! Italian night at the OTB sounds tempting.

Just realised that my coffee is going cold. Hopefully back later.

Have a good day, ALL.

• Thanks heather,  l have a weather station in our new little conservatory, it's good at telling us how hot it is sometimes over a 100f but not so good with the weather forcast, but l think it's because we don't have the reader you put outside to grade the weather ect, l didn't want this has l don't always get on with wireless things can give soreness in my groin( you really want to know that didn't you  l have a good sense of humour by the way!!!) even can't have a video recorder with a hard drive so record straight to dvd. take care one and all Yas

• Dear All

Sorry this is a long overdue post. I set out last Monday to post just as the site went down and for various reasons it never got done. Thanks to you all for being with me through the ups and downs. The week before last was generally good and we managed to get out a couple of times. On the Friday we re-visited another pub we had not been to for a while and had a very good meal. I had a smoked chicken and mango salad and OH had fish and chips, all excellent. I also managed a sweet (which dies does not very often), blackcurrant Eton Mess while OH had Key Lime Pie, finished off with a coffee and we're both satisfied with the food we had. Pub fairly local so will not leave it too long before we visit again. Went to see Pete Brown and his group in the evening. He is Joe Brown's son and like his father an excellent musician. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening and while we were there we became very optimistic and booked to see Joe Brown in November So something else to aim for.

Last week not so good as I rapidly went downhill again. We had gone for a 4 week gap between transfusions as we have a wedding to go to a week today and I wanted to feel at my best. As the week went on things got more difficult so was a relief yesterday to get 3 units of blood to top me up. Luckily I was given a bed so I actually slept for a lot of the time. Left home at 8.30 and got back at 4.30. I think it will probably have to be 3 weeks between transfusions.No steak this week though it takes a couple of days for the benefit of the transfusion kicks in. Got up this morning and had a nose bleed for some reason, do not really want that to happen just after a transfusion.

OG and AQ sorry you are suffering from painful joints and limbs.

Welcome Yas enjoy the time spent with some of the nicest people I know.

Lindy hoping you will enjoy a relaxing time and you are not in the area where storms and torrential rain are forecast.

Brenda hope you are enjoying the time spent with your family.

Annette thanks for the photos, book shop looked very interesting.

George good to see a post from you, sounds as though you have been very busy. Hope your results have not shown up any problems.

Heather smiled at our comment that you had taken the steps away to stop OH from doing anything else.

diane hope you are enjoying working on your project. I do love yo hear about your wild life but I don't think I could ever feel calm where wasps are. 

Lynette pleased to read thanOH wound is healing.

Mike in case you pop in I am relying on you to check for typo errors LOL. I have  read back and not seen anything wrong but I bet there is.

Have a good weekend all and hooefully we will all see some sunshine. 

Love Margo x

• Thanks Margo for you warm welcome, l'm sure l'll find all of you lovely and look forward to getting to know you.

My husband was most interested in you seeing pete brown, and remembers seeing his father play the guitar behind is back, and asks does his son sing some of is fathers songs ?

l see you have health problems sorry to hear that, l myself have chornic lyme disease which gives daily/nightly pains besides many other problems. So l do feel for all that suffer.

Look after yourself, glad you get a chance to go out when you feel a bit better. Yas

• yas Pete Bown tours with Joe and a couple of years ago got his own band together and tours with the other members of Joe's band. We are great fans of Joe Brown he is a marvellous musician. We go to see him every time he is in the area, health permitting. Joe dId mention he used to play the guitar behind his back but he can't do it anymore, too much strain on his back now he is older. Pete does not sing his father's songs, he sings songs we all know but in a Blue Grass style and very enjoyable.

Sorry to read that you have health issues too. Have read a lot recently about Lyme disease and how  painful  it is and it seems to be affecting more people. I am lucky as I do not suffer any pain but my sympathies are with you. I always think that there are folks out there that suffer a lot more than I do. One thing I have learned is to make the most if every, you never know what the future holds. My life changed totally 4 years ago when I was diagnosed. Gone are our wonderfully holidays mostly in Italy. We used to like walking for  miles but I cannot do that anymore. We have a wealth of happy memories though.

have a good weekend and take care.

Margo

• Thankyou margo. Would be interest to know what you were diagnosed with, but will fully understand if wish not to say, or could tell me through PM, it's just l'm not sure all my symtoms comes from lyme and where there is something else going on so always like to learn incase anything matches.

Will tell hubby roger about joe brown and son will be very interested was his time of life, he himself use to be in a group and played around he played base guitar and organ and backing singing. before l mean't him, so always interested in music has l am.

Take care margo from yas

• Yes Margo got your PM message, so just between us girls Yas

• yas over 4 years ago I was diagnosed with a form of lukemia. My red cells are the problem. Had a week's chemo every 4 weeks up until the beginning of this year when it became apparent after a bone marrow test that the chemo was no longer working. We were told that it would  probably last fior 5 years and in that respect there estimate was correct. This came as a big shock and I now have to rely on regular blood transfusions to keep me going. unfortustely when you reach 70 there is no other treatment available. The only thing I might be eligible for is a one off injection which may or may not slow the process. My wonderful OH has been a hero, he does everything in the home and until recently was working full-time as an Accountant. In light of the bad news he recently went part-time and in the last couple of weeks has decided to give his notice in so we can spend more time together. We do not know or want to know how much time I have left so really important we make the most of every day. I m so lucky to have him he has just been wonderful. We also have a much loved cat who was a stray but adopted us and she is a constant companion who seems to know when I am not feeling too good. So it has been a tough few years for both of us. Nice to read that you have found someone special to share your life.