Weekly Chat (non-osprey) - Sunday 22nd May 2016

Such is the chaos the Ying Tong cyber attack has caused that I only just noticed there was no new Weekly Chat!  I don't know how much opportunity we'll get to post on this new thread but at least we can all curse the perpetrators en masse!

Happy New Week!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• By the way last week's thread is here.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks, CLARE. I rather think that we are all scared of posting, just now and/or are expecting the site to be shut down at any moment. I see that many are still posting, on DU and so forth.

• Hi, Heather.  It seemed sensible to keep recording events while we still can.  I'm not on Facebook and I know I'm not the only one.

• Well at least we have all come out on the other side safely...

Visited LG lunch time which was also lunchtime for the bobble heads...

What a difference in size..

Centre very busy...

Them Mountain Cafe for a lovely scone and of course a slice of beetroot and chocolate and a 2 hour natter with 2 good friends.

Home to find all jobs on the " hint" list had been completed ...:-)

• Clare: Thanks for starting us off. Diane is e-mailing updates about the Korean attack and even though it hasn't reached this part of the site yet, I'm not too comfortable with the prospect of any possible contamination down the road so laying low for now...

• Clare - Thanks for starting us off.  I think we've all been waiting to see what was going to happen.

Sunny here today so got some gardening done. Up late this morning, after going out last night to join a party at the Bowling Club to celebrate a couple's Ruby Anniversary. Lots of chat which had to turn into shouting, because as usual, the music was much too loud (and no one was dancing, anyway). Came home with our ears ringing!

Oh, and my OH won the little competition he did with his golf on Friday, so he was very pleased. He is finding the golf a good relaxation.

• Sounds like a lovely day, Wendy. I worry that the difference in size of the bobble heads might result in some bullying, but we shall see. We've had little 'uns who were stubborn in the past and wouldn't give up, and I notice that this one puts itself at the front at mealtime!

• I'm sure the bobbleheads will be fine.  The size difference between Tore and Bynack was similar.

• Lindy trust me little one as small as he/she is was up there with its head..being just the two I think better chance of survival than the last of 3... Fingers xd.. ..

• Ying Tong still rampages unchecked!  It's quite frightening in scale - and it started at 4am yesterday.  That's a lot of clearing up.