Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

I'll be back soon to catch up with everyone.

• Good Morning, and Thank You for starting off the thread again, Diane, with another cheery picture!

Rosy:  Glad you found my comments interesting. (At risk of boring everyone else, LOL!)  Each island has its own personality, as I said, and on each we've met folks who say "This one's our favourite!" - must warn you that both Lanzarote and Fuerteventura are very desolate, and they're not called "The Windy Isles" for nothing! My good Friend just adores Madeira, which is Portuguese and far more green & pleasant, being a different climate and further north.

We had a good day yesterday, with good journeys, even though they're still busy "updating" the motorway on various sections, which means speed restrictions and miles & miles of cones........wish I'd taken out shares in the Cone Manufacturing Co!! The marble cake was soon demolished - I used to make them often, years ago, but it's rare now! Our grandsons are growing fast and as usual the camera came out to record their progress.

• Heather:  Sounds like a super weekend with your family. Hope the weather helps today to be fun, too.

• DIANE   thanks for starting the week.

LINDY  glad you had a good weekend. When you mentioned "Windy Isles" I automatically thought of Shetland.

my friends no is 43623  so I will be looking out for her. As a treat before the race she went to see "The Lion King" yesterday. 

OH out with Benson. I still have this wretched cold and am very bunged up. Just getting up in the morning is enough to tire me.

• Good morning, all.  Hope you feel better soon, Dibnlib - this everlasting cold certainly seems to be doing the rounds!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Sorry you're still suffering Dibnlib - the cold seems to be going all over, although mine which I caught from my son was decidedly strange :-D - he started it before Easter and is still getting over it. 

Watching the London Marathon, it looks cold there but at least it's dry. We are off out for a walk soon, though, so will see the highlights later.

I completely forgot St George's Day yesterday - not much fuss from the media!

• Lindybird said:
    I completely forgot St George's Day yesterday - not much fuss from the media!

Weird, isn't it?  They make such a fuss over St Patrick's Day, even though the number of English people dwarf the number of Irish.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Blimey, it's just started to hail here!  This is most unreasonable.  Where did our lovely, warm spring go?

• Re St Georges Day. A friend of mine who used to live in Harpenden and was a scout leader there is away for the weekend to attend the Scout St Georges Day Parade in her old home. I must admit I was a little surprised as I had been led to believe that St Georges day was more or less ignored. Just goes to prove it is alive and kicking in some areas.

It is a shame that she returns today then has to head down south again on Wed to attend the funeral of a family friend.

CLARE   We had hail yesterday. Today is sunny but cold.

• HEATHER    Glad you are enjoying your family time.

• We've just had our second heavy downpour of hail today. This morning we walked into the town to fetch a few bits of food, and were caught out by a shower of rain. But by the time we got home, there was hail, quite heavy.  Now I'm wondering about the weather forecast, which was just for 'cloudy skies'!!

Just tried on a long dress I bought ages ago, and put away because it needed shortening. Now I've pinned it up, I can see it needs about four inches cutting off before I re hem it!!  A lot of women are lots shorter than I am, so I wonder how they will cope if they're no good at sewing, LOL!!